PDA

View Full Version : Question About Utorrent

Diamondog
2008-03-06, 05:46 AM
I am using the lastest version of UTorrent. I had my torrents downloading to a default location c:\torrents. I wanted to move my downloads off my main drive so I moved everything to d:\torrents (cut and paste everything). I went into UTorrent options\downloads and changed the only setting I can see that would have any impact the "save new torrents" to location and specified d:\torrents but it is not saving there it is continuing to save (start them over) in the original location c:\torrents, I cannot find any option so it will look to the new location, recheck what has been downloaded and continue there. Any help???

Diamondog
2008-03-06, 06:08 AM
Nevermind I believe I figured it out.

Diamondog
2008-03-06, 10:42 AM
Thought I had it figured out but I do not, can anyone help wit the above question, thanks.

U2Lynne
2008-03-06, 11:30 AM
I seem to recall that you can right-click on the torrent and then have some options and one of the options would be where the files are saved. Look around in the right-click options and see if you can find what I'm talking about. (Sorry, I use Azureus on a Mac so I can't check this out.)

cicada
2008-03-06, 11:39 AM
...what she said ^^^

I do this all the time with uTorrent. Once the files have been moved you have to right click and select "set download location". By pointing towards the new file location, you can now seed from the new location. But first, right click on that torrent one more time and select "force re-check". Usually you will get 100%. Now everyt'ing works like a charm.

Good luck :)

direwolf-pgh
2008-03-06, 11:40 AM
EDIT: what everybody said ^^^

to redirect your torrent(s):

right click on the torrent> Advanced> Set Download Location (then select the folder of each torrent at its new location)

(simply Stop & Start the torrent will recheck the files & continue seeding/downloading)

Utorrent will always default to the last location specified.
Change that location by clicking the Browse tab & directing it to the folder/drive you prefer.

Diamondog
2008-03-07, 05:51 AM
I tried the above and it's not working. I have a number of torrents that are complete and were seeding on the other drive, since I moved them and set the download area to the new location, and rechecked the files it is not recognizing they are complete and seeding them.

U2Lynne
2008-03-07, 10:25 AM
When you moved them, did you verify they were OK by running the md5/ffps on them? You say they are not recognized as being "complete", so are they being recognized but only to, say, 20%, or what?

Diamondog
2008-03-07, 05:26 PM
no they are saying 0.00% and not doing anything not seeding at all not downloading nothing. I have rechecked them, forced download etc....nothing is working. There was a considerable amount that I was seeding that were 100% complete and since moving them they do nothing.

direwolf-pgh
2008-03-07, 05:33 PM
worse case scenario you write down the torrent names
then go to each thread and re-download the torrent & direct each to their respective folder.
it will certainly check & reseed. just takes a few clicks

U2Lynne
2008-03-07, 05:47 PM
worse case scenario you write down the torrent names
then go to each thread and re-download the torrent & direct each to their respective folder.
it will certainly check & reseed. just takes a few clicks
You should try Mr. Wolf's method with at least one torrent. If it doesn't work using this method, then, um, well, there are some real problems here!