PDA

View Full Version : which drive is better?

kidrocklive
2008-03-04, 10:34 AM
I have 2 dvd recorder drives in my computer. I notice that the newer burner (lite-on) can't seem to burn at a speed lower than 6x (I usually use TMPEG ENC DVD Author to burn the dvds). I was planning on buying some Taiyo Yuden dvds to back up my stuff the best I can but wasn't sure if I should use my older burner that burns slower or the newer one (since I read that you need a quality burner too).

New burner:
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S

Old burner:
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5002

Thanks for any help on this :)

possessed
2008-03-04, 11:34 AM
have you tried googling some reviews?

Five
2008-03-04, 11:43 AM
there was a thread here with info about how to test the quality of your burns but I can't find it right now... that would probably be the best, burn a few shows on each drive and see which one is producing the better quality for certain.

saltman
2008-03-04, 03:44 PM
You shouldn't be using TMPGenc to burn dvds. get dvd burning software like ONES or Nero or something like that. You should be able to find something for under 20 dollars last I looked.

Something is not right if the one drive won't burn at slow speeds. I suspect it because of your software.

kidrocklive
2008-03-04, 04:02 PM
You shouldn't be using TMPGenc to burn dvds. get dvd burning software like ONES or Nero or something like that. You should be able to find something for under 20 dollars last I looked.

Something is not right if the one drive won't burn at slow speeds. I suspect it because of your software.

thanks. I do have nero from when I bought my lite-on drive around here somehwere.