PDA

View Full Version : Help! Where is the best place to put one's list? Geocities? db.etree and Tapetrader are excellent, but too time consuming for me.

Rags847
2008-03-03, 01:40 PM
I just want to copy and paste and have it listed.
Saving time is paramount to me!
Any good advice is much appreciated!
Thanks,

Rags

U2Lynne
2008-03-03, 01:51 PM
Get a free site on yahoo or netfirms (do they still do free sites?) and just put it up as a text file.

randytravis
2008-03-03, 03:31 PM
googlepages.com works great if you just want to post text.

U2Lynne
2008-03-03, 03:57 PM
Rags, do you currently have a list? If so, what format is it in?

Rags847
2008-03-03, 04:41 PM
Rags, do you currently have a list? If so, what format is it in?

I have a db.etree list and an external hard drive filled with 500mg of good stuff (lot of which isn't on my db.etree list).
I'm thinking about just moving the info off the external HD and pasting it somewhere simple w/o all the time-consuming hassle of an albeit excellent site like db.etree.
I just want to download and quickly copy, paste and dump the info (band, venue, date, lineage/taper, notes) at a reliable hosting site for free (or cheap).

Thanks for any valuable intel!!!

Rags

jonohull
2008-03-03, 05:15 PM
I use Google Documents. You can make a spreadsheet, and make it public. It even imports Excel files.

tgunn2760
2008-03-03, 08:02 PM
Tapetrader is best in the long run, you can copy and paste info files into the details section when you download a show.
You can also search for shows you already have, find the trader who has the correct info on his list, then copy his show to your list with the click of a mouse.

splumer
2008-03-05, 12:46 PM
I just want to copy and paste and have it listed.
Saving time is paramount to me!
Any good advice is much appreciated!
Thanks,

Rags

I understand the time thing (trust me, I have two kids), but I think it's really worth the time to have your list on a site like etree or Phishhook. Those are searchable, so it's a lot easier for others to find the exact show they're looking for. Assuming, of course, that you care about that.