PDA

View Full Version : what is it and what does it mean?

robert alpern
2008-02-27, 12:53 PM
there is a circle in the right top corner which is in different colos on the bittorrent. what is it?

U2Lynne
2008-02-27, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about exactly, but is it a circle next to each torrent that you are downloading? On Azureus and uTorrent, they use the circle colors to indicate whether the 'health' of the torrent. If this isn't what you are talking about, perhaps a screenshot would help. You might also try the bittorrent site where I am sure they have a FAQ for the application.

robert alpern
2008-02-27, 01:20 PM
on the right hand side of the bt right under the x(kill) button is a circle. its colors are red,blue,black,etc. i don't know what each one means.

U2Lynne
2008-02-27, 01:42 PM
Well, without a picture I really can't guess. I'm on a mac and I don't see anything like that in my client. here is the faq: http://support.bittorrent.com/cgi-bin/bittorrent.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=f8PlZnZi&p_lva=41&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl&p_sort_by=&p_page=1&cat_lvl1=2&p_cv=1.2&p_cats=2

Five
2008-02-27, 01:46 PM
maybe you're talking about bittornado? they have a button you can hit to explain the colors. Green=good, Yellow=firewalled, Black=not connected at all, Blue=under 100% available at the time, cannot complete unless a seed joins (IIRC)

try the buttons, one of them will pop up a window telling you what they mean

also watch out if you are using bittornado, last I heard it had a bug where the process isn't ended properly, so if you stop and start it ten times you will have 10 instances running draining your cpu until you restart unless you kill them manually in the process list.

edit: maybe you're talking about the official client? I don't think it has that bug but the color meanings should be the same.

robert alpern
2008-02-27, 05:30 PM
thank you for answering my question. the links were nice and informative. thank all of you.
videorob