PDA

View Full Version : Azureus port # help

kcjonz68
2008-02-08, 10:08 AM
I think my frog has died. :hmm: How do I get a port number to get me up and running again.

JGH1
2008-02-08, 10:20 AM
Port number should be between 6881 and 6889. I use 6881.

Under "configuration" go to the "server" section. This is where you can change port numbers. I use an older version of Audacity....the location of the transfer section may have changed in newer versions of the software.

John

U2Lynne
2008-02-08, 10:27 AM
Actually, I would suggest NOT using a port within that range since it is the commonly used range. I would pick a port number between 40,000 and 50,000 (or so, just a port not used and way out of range of the normally used ports). Don't pick one over 64,000 (or somewhere around there, just stick to the range I specified). Make sure you input the same port number in Azureus and in your router for port-forwarding.

You input the port in Options > Connections

krokodyle
2008-02-08, 05:17 PM
I ended up dropping uTorrent, and moved over to Azureus. So far, it's been OK. Lynne is correct, kcjonz, use a much higher number. It'll still work fine.

Of course, remembering to do ALL of the steps again (software firewall, port forwarding, etc.) can be quite the puzzle, but I got it. :lol:

However, I am curious to the best settings regarding security. I was running encryption on uTorrent, and I'm running PG2, but there seems to be a LOT more settings within Azureus that are enabled by default. Areas like: Connection -> Networks, Sharing -> Protocol, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions form their own experience?

sadu
2008-02-14, 11:12 AM
I second the advice not to use anything within 6881 and 6889.
My recommendation is to do some research on your providers setup. Try to locate their ports for VoIP as they will be mostly unfiltered.

possessed
2008-02-14, 08:25 PM
Start with the Azureus wiki page.
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read all the links attached to maximize your Azureus experience. It will help walk you through all the most common questions and problems including what port #'s to use.

Good luck.

krokodyle
2008-02-21, 08:31 PM
Ports aren't really my issue, as I haven't used the common ports for a while, but that's a great hint about checking out the VoiP port.

I've gone through their wiki, but it can be rather overwhelming at times. And since I'm trying to get Azureus as secure as possible, I need 'advanced' stuff, rather than the 'common' stuff. A glance of the "Networks" setting shows:

"Select the default permitted networks for peer-peer data transmission

- Public IP network (not anonymous)
- I2P network
- The Onion Router (Tor) network"

which are ALL enabled by default. And I get a little nervous seeing "not anonymous" as one of the choices.

I'll check out bittorrentforums.net and forum.vuze.com and see what I find.

Thanks for everyone's help :wave: