PDA

View Full Version : extracting the audio from dvd download

bluzluver
2008-01-26, 01:50 PM
If anybody can give me the name of some free software to use to extract the audio from downloaded dvd torrents to put on cd's i really would appreciate it, i tried some programs that split the songs between somewhere after the song stars, not between tracks....tricky this stuff

Thanx

Bob

U2Lynne
2008-01-26, 01:55 PM
Have you checked out videohelp.com yet?

PEPPER
2008-01-26, 03:15 PM
When i extract audio from a dvd it extracts it in ac3.Is it possible to convert to wav,then to flac and then seed it.I dont know much about dvd audio and what can be seeded and what cant ,and why.Any help greatly appreciated,as i have permission to film a great support act but not the main act,but might try and get audio with my mini dv camera.Il be using my md for taping,but thought if its possible make two recordings of it.

U2Lynne
2008-01-26, 03:36 PM
When i extract audio from a dvd it extracts it in ac3.Is it possible to convert to wav,then to flac and then seed it.I dont know much about dvd audio and what can be seeded and what cant ,and why.Any help greatly appreciated,as i have permission to film a great support act but not the main act,but might try and get audio with my mini dv camera.Il be using my md for taping,but thought if its possible make two recordings of it.
If the DVD audio was in ac3 (lossy) originally, and extracted as either wav or ac3, then it can't be seeded here since no matter what you extract is as, it was still lossy to begin with. However, if it was LPCM (lossless) and extracted as wav, then in may be seeded here.

I have never extracted audio from a DVD so I can't help with methods and options.

pawel
2008-01-27, 05:01 AM
Windows freeware:
1. ProjectX to demux (separate audio and video stream): http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ProjectX
2. http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm and install additional codecs from "Codec Central"

scom
2008-01-30, 11:21 PM
The best program so far is DVD AUDIO EXTRACTOR:thumbsup

:wave: