PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Points and Menu Fix

ignore the fashion
2008-01-25, 10:53 PM
I seeded a DVD on another tracker and the original DVD that I had didn't have a menu and the chapter points were incorrect.

One of the people who had downloaded it fixed the chapter points and added a menu to it. I asked if there was a way to apply these changes without having to redownload the entire DVD.

So they sent me a ZIP file with some the following files

VTS_01_0.VOB
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO

Since all the did was add a menu and correct chapter points would I just replace the files already on my hard drive with the ones he sent in the ZIP file?

Thanks

DanielG
2008-01-25, 11:30 PM
Since all the did was add a menu and correct chapter points would I just replace the files already on my hard drive with the ones he sent in the ZIP file?
Thanks

Yep, that should be all you need to do. Just try it! (make sure you back up all your original files first).

Depending on what authoring software he used and the process he followed then you may need to download the whole DVD again but if he knows what he's doing then all you need are those files he provided in the .ZIP

ignore the fashion
2008-01-25, 11:34 PM
I guess I'll just backup the entire DVD and replace the old files with the ones he sent.

Hope all goes well.