PDA

View Full Version : seeding: error: invalid port?

rosc2112
2008-01-22, 07:24 PM
Trying to help seed on http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52274

I get a connection error:

Connection error: (Invalid reply: d1: failure reason12: invalid porte)

I've been seeing that error on other torrents too, but have been able to download via DHT.

Any clues what the error means? Googling didn't produce anything useful.

Using latest azureus v3.0.4.0 (linux)

U2Lynne
2008-01-22, 10:37 PM
We don't block any ports, so I'm not sure why that error would come up. Have you tried changing the port your are using in Azureus? Could your computer be blocking the port? Also, is it misspelled like that in the error (porte, not port)?

mooncusser
2008-01-23, 08:23 PM
Are you using a firewall or peerguardian2? Try turning off all firewalls and see if you get the same message.

rosc2112
2008-01-23, 11:45 PM
Yes the error message is spelled like that (seems like its truncated, but its the same in the error log too.) No other details are being logged. I don't think Azureus has a debug mode.

The problem only started recently, so I'm not sure what might've changed. I have noticed download connections are only coming via DHT when downloading from ttd.

As far as firewall, well, I'm on a linux platform, the box I tried seeding from is on the lan, NAT'd. I don't think that's the problem tho, cos I'm seeding on tapecity with no probs, all other apps that require port-forwarding are working, canyouseeme.org sees the port open, etc. I'm using port 6882 which is pretty standard for BT. I'll try an experiment later and see if the NAT/gateway box gives me any similar errors.

I do have the peerguardian plugin for azureus loaded. I saw in another thread about that possibly blocking ttd's ip? I wonder if that could be the problem. I'll try an experiment with that disabled too.

ANIMALOSI
2008-02-27, 09:57 PM
Hi Rosc2112..I'm experiencing the same exact problem..i'm not a vet to this so i'm in the dark ...i also have no problem with tapecity seeds myeslf....help!!!!

U2Lynne
2008-02-27, 11:07 PM
Have you changed port numbers lately? If not, maybe change it and see if the error goes away.

ANIMALOSI
2008-02-27, 11:25 PM
ok..i will try changing them...thanx

bigbinc
2008-03-04, 02:35 PM
I'm having the same problem. I tried everything, changed ports, turn off PG2, firewall:hmm:. Anyone have any idea whats causing this? Thanks in advance.;)

bigbinc
2008-03-04, 02:41 PM
Heres the exact error I get in Azureus,
"Connection Error (invalid Reply: d1:failure reason12:invalid porte"
I only get it with The Traders Den tracker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

U2Lynne
2008-03-04, 02:58 PM
What port number are you using?

1001001SOS
2008-03-08, 10:06 AM
Same thing here. I am using port #20333. This is the third random port that I have tried using. My client is µTorrent and my ports and exceptions are configured correctly. This just started recently. I am having a problem on DC++ also. I had to go to PASSIVE mode so that I could SEARCH.

jacoby
2008-04-08, 08:54 PM
I don't know if any of you are still having this problem, but I'm new here, and had this problem myself. Apparently, the tracker does not understand an option from Azureus (and I guess uTorrent as well) to hide the listening port.

In Azureus the fix is go to options>tracker>client, then uncheck "do not announce the listening port to the tracker"

bephillips
2009-02-23, 12:04 AM
Great! I was having this error just now when trying to post my firtst seed
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1098590&posted=1#post1098590
to this tracker. Thanks for the solution. I think I should post this to the Azureus wiki.