PDA

View Full Version : Left in the lurch:NO Seeders:OPTIONS

bannanna
2008-01-21, 09:12 AM
For new members finding theselves with no seeder after some thoughtless person/s exited, can any-one give helpfull suggestions PLEASE. :hmm:

dcbullet
2008-01-21, 10:23 AM
Bump the thread and request a seed politely. Do that a couple times over a couple days and usually someone will seed it.

U2Lynne
2008-01-21, 10:26 AM
Stay on the torrent and bump the thread requesting a seeder. Don't forget that not everyone can seed 24/7. Some people turn their computers off at night, or they turn their torrents off during the day in order to work, or who knows why. Just because they are gone right now, doesn't mean they will stay gone. However, sometimes they ARE gone for good for any number of reasons. One thing you should make sure of is that when that torrent is going, you have allocated sufficient bandwidth to the download. Nobody likes trying to seed a torrent to someone who is also downloading five other shows and can only download at 10 kb/s which would take several days to complete a show.

bannanna
2008-01-21, 11:24 AM
Thankyou dcbullet and U2Lynne hope this can be beneficial to other members too :cool::thumbsup....boy these TTD staff are on the ball:):clap::clap:

bannanna
2008-01-21, 03:49 PM
Thankyou dcbullet and U2Lynne hope this can be beneficial to other members too :cool::thumbsup....boy these TTD staff are on the ball:):clap::clap:

"bump the thread" I assume means:Post a comment on that thread making your request ??:hmm:

mooncusser
2008-01-21, 07:21 PM
You, sir, are correct.

bannanna
2008-01-21, 09:08 PM
THANKYOU mooncusser, that pretty much says it all. END OF STORY. :worthless

vladsmythe
2008-01-27, 08:52 AM
For new members finding theselves with no seeder after some thoughtless person/s exited, can any-one give helpfull suggestions PLEASE. :hmm:

People have sent me PMs to reseed in the past, and rather than do that, I simply mail them a copy of the cd or dvd. I'm sure many seeders would help you in that fashion. Good Luck! :thumbsup

Five
2008-01-27, 08:03 PM
another great option is to offer a mail trade... there's not enough hours in a day (or rather bandwidth) to download every last thing you are interested in, so trading shows by mail really helps to fill in the gaps quick.