PDA

View Full Version : Seeding help

ixizachtl
2008-01-17, 11:52 AM
Hi,

I am completely new to the world of torrents so please excuse my ignorance.

I have downloaded three shows so far. The first two were done before I figured out how to correctly forward my port and set a static IP address. I want to seed these shows so as to not be a leech but they are not uploading. How do I get a downloaded torrent to start uploading? I'm using a Mac running OS 10.5.1 and my client is Azureus. Thanks for your help.

U2Lynne
2008-01-17, 12:04 PM
You are doing the right thing right now by still seeding the shows you downloaded. However, you are still firewalled (your port number shows up in red). Did you try going to canyouseeme.org and verifying that you correctly forwarded your port?

One problem you will see at the moment is that the two torrents you are trying to seed have a ton of seeders and only a couple of leechers. It will be hard to get your ratio up on those. But, if you keep those files on your computer, my guess is that within a month, most of the seeders will be gone, but there will still be new leechers and you can seed then to get your ratio up.

ixizachtl
2008-01-17, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I'm firewalled at work but my ports are forwarded at home. I left my computer on last night but not much got uploaded.

ixizachtl
2008-01-18, 11:49 AM
Am I correct in assuming as long as I leave the files where I downloaded them then they will continue to seed?

U2Lynne
2008-01-18, 12:13 PM
Well, you also have to have Azureus on and the particular torrent set to Seeding. Currently, you are showing up as seeding three shows, so I think you've got things working correctly.

ixizachtl
2008-01-18, 02:05 PM
Thanks for your help.

ixizachtl
2008-01-18, 07:20 PM
I noticed in one of the torrents I have cued to seed that there is an error message: "Distributed database offline". I disabled DHT per another thread I found here and I'm pretty sure that is what caused the error. Azureus won't let me delete the torrent from my cue otherwise I would and start over. Any ideas?

U2Lynne
2008-01-18, 07:26 PM
I noticed in one of the torrents I have cued to seed that there is an error message: "Distributed database offline". I disabled DHT per another thread I found here and I'm pretty sure that is what caused the error. Azureus won't let me delete the torrent from my cue otherwise I would and start over. Any ideas?
That error message should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

ixizachtl
2008-01-18, 10:20 PM
Thanks again.