PDA

View Full Version : Creating Torrent

shadyogrady
2008-01-15, 01:45 PM
OK, I need help. I've figured out how to take silver CDs, convert to WAV files then convert to FLAC files. I have them placed in a folder on my desktop titled TTD. I have created a text file of show date, lineage, set list, etc. and placed it in the TTD file. I created the checksum file using Fastsum and placed it in the TTD folder. Then I dropped the entire TTD folder on the Drop Torrent shortcut on my desktop and it created the torrent file. I then tried to upload the torrent file to seed. It didn't work. What am I doing wrong? What is the best location (C: drive, Desktop) to save a torrent file that you plan to seed? Where/when do you save the tracker address or link for the torrent? Am I close or do I need to start from scratch? I have a few great boots I'd love to share but can't get over the hump. Anyone who can help this torrently challenged Irishman, it would be much appreciated.

Shady

U2Lynne
2008-01-15, 01:56 PM
I'm not familiar with Drop Torrent, but here is our FAQ for creating a torrent using Azureus or uTorrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_a_torrent You do need to be able to input the TTD announce url somewhere though or your torrent will not be a TTD torrent.

Also, it is really nice if when you extract the wav files using EAC (you did use that, right?), you copy/paste the log contents into a file and call it yourtorrentname.log . People like to keep the log files with their shows to verify that it was extracted correctly.

dorrcoq
2008-01-15, 02:43 PM
Also, it is really nice if when you extract the wav files using EAC (you did use that, right?), you copy/paste the log contents into a file and call it yourtorrentname.log . People like to keep the log files with their shows to verify that it was extracted correctly.

True, but what % of people who actually do use EAC have their offsets correctly set, or use the proper secure mode? Using burst mode and no offset correction seems to be the norm.:disbelief