PDA

View Full Version : Want to reseed old files, but dumped original torrents

soulrebeljc
2008-01-10, 10:21 PM
> I have a bunch of audio and video files that I want to start seeding again after a period of inactivity, but I dumped the torrents a while back (my laptop went down and they were on that hard drive in my azureus folder). All of the files are on an external drive now - how do I get them in seeding mode now, since I have a new laptop and have had to reload azureus? do i need to create a new torrent, or is there a way that i can find the existing torrent (s) for these particular files? or do i even need a torrent to seed the files?

most of them are shows that I pulled from TTD.

Thanks much
Jason www.Call4Democracy.org

lgerard
2008-01-10, 11:45 PM
it depends

if the torrents are still active on the tracker, you need only download the torrent file from the original thread and point it to the audio or video files. it is posible to seed from an external drive, but I would not recomend it. it would be better to move or copy the files to your laptop, and move them back (or delete the copy) when you are done.
some external drives do not have the best ventilation or power and I would not let mine run for long periods of time.

if the torrents are off the tracker, or from another site you would have to create a new torrent and upload it to the tracker.

U2Lynne
2008-01-11, 12:17 AM
What lgerard said about not seeding off an external drive for long periods of time is something to take note of.

This item in the FAQ will probably help you out also: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_window