PDA

View Full Version : how to delete ghosts and change passkey

FeX-
2008-01-09, 11:08 PM
how do i delete ghosts and change passkey (not password)

thanks

Five
2008-01-10, 02:16 PM
the ghosts will delete themselves after a little while.

if I'm understanding correctly you can't change the passkey unless you re-register under a different name, then you will have a different passkey applied to the torrents you download.

if you tell us what problem you are trying to solve we can help you better.

FeX-
2008-01-10, 02:21 PM
hmmm ok thats cool. I remember a while back there was a button here which would delete ghosts and also to reset passkey, either that or im probably thinking of some other site.

the probably is that it shows me downloading stuff on the same torrent that im uploading, but im not downloading anything and this bothers me cause it lowers my ratio. Thats all

Five
2008-01-10, 02:27 PM
yeah I'm not sure about that stuff... probably not the end of the world.

Lynne will probably see this soon and post something more technical :lol:

U2Lynne
2008-01-10, 02:34 PM
I can reset your passkey. I had something in place and then when we upgraded the site I had it in place here on the profile page but there was something on that page that made the server loads skyrocket, so I put the page back to out-of-the-bos vbulletin and have been too scared to put the passkey and ghost thing back in!

Anyway, PM me and I'll reset your passkey and/or delete the ghosts. If you have your passkey reset, you must redownload all your torrents again or you will get a tracker error.

Just an fyi, but the two 'yous' on the Metallica torrent have different IPs, however they are both using Mozilla 4.0 to torrent. That is a very unusual client to be using and for both of the 'yous' to be using it is very, very unusual. Are you sure you didn't leave the browser 'open' at work and at home?

FeX-
2008-01-10, 03:09 PM
i only seed from home. anyways ive finished the torrent and you can go ahead and change my passkey as im not uploading or downloading anything. thank you