PDA

View Full Version : First Time Seeder

CovertOps77
2008-01-08, 06:51 PM
I'm a total newbie, but I've downloaded a couple of shows now. How long should I wait until I may seed one of these shows? And is "reseed" the correct term I should use? I'm wanting to up my ratio a bit. Can I do this while the torrent is still active? I'm actually still seeding from when I downloaded them. But, the number of ppl are dropping off. I'm wanting to put these back to the top of the torrent list in case others missed them. Am I jumping the gun? How long should I wait to do this? Thanks

LeifH12345
2008-01-08, 07:07 PM
If you've downloaded a torrent and want to seed it to boost your ratio, just stay connected and keep the files. Usually you can seed while downloading, at least with torrents that have other leechers. If you stopped a torrent and want to seed it, just do as if you were downloading it again and you should start seeding.

splumer
2008-01-09, 04:17 PM
What he said. You often upload as you're downloading, then once the whole show is downloaded, you start seeding, since you have a complete copy.

CovertOps77
2008-01-09, 05:27 PM
I understand that, but I want to reseed or upload (bad with terminology), as in posting an announcement to where others click on the thread, then click the torrent file within the thread, and then begin downloading from what I'M seeding- from MY announcement..OF COURSE I seed while I download- that's not what I'm asking=)

AAR.oner
2008-01-11, 06:07 AM
no, if its still on the tracker, you don't want to post another thread with the same show...you can always post in the original thread to "bump" it up to the top...just leave the torrent running, more will hop eventually that you can seed to

fwiw--once a show has been removed from the tracker, its usually good etiquette to wait a little while before re-seeding it on another tracker or on our tracker again