PDA

View Full Version : Computer Messing Up Every Burn

eric182
2008-01-02, 11:01 AM
My computer won't let me burn anything without it ending up failing the data verification on Nero. I've tried different versions of Nero and it always worked for me in the past. I even tried swapping in my old dvd burner that I let my friend have and it still does the same thing. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

flickn
2008-01-02, 11:16 AM
chnage the name b rand disk you are using

eric182
2008-01-02, 11:18 AM
It did it on all kinds of disks. I use quality media for the most part. I'm using Verbatim at the moment.

direwolf-pgh
2008-01-02, 11:34 AM
do you have a second burn software package installed?
a quick search showed Roxio will conflict and give error.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/432235
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83464

eric182
2008-01-02, 01:28 PM
I don't think thats it, I have never had Roxio installed. I did install disk juggler to try to see if it would burn correctly, but i don't understand how to use it that well and it always required making images of the disks and I like burning on the fly. I did run that Roxio thing and it sayed it removed stuff from my computer, but I didn't reset yet and tried because I am seeding. The Roxio remover did say it removed Roxio from my computer so maybe some how it was on there.

SundayDriver
2008-01-02, 01:45 PM
For the heck of it, make sure the IDE controller that your DVD burner is connected to is set to DMA mode. That's in the device manager.

eric182
2008-01-02, 02:57 PM
My primary and secondary IDE channels are set on DMA if available mode, thanks though.

Drewa311
2008-01-02, 09:37 PM
I would say always restart the computer before a burn, and close out and unnecessary tasks, try getting a copy of ONES. Is the computer your using a DELL? ive heard that burning software pre-installed on dells can mess up after installing other burning software, versions of nero or sonic i think. cant you turn of data verification? you dont need it, i never used it with toast.

eric182
2008-01-02, 09:50 PM
You can turn off data verification, but it doesn't solve the problem that I want to fix. It compares the burned disk with the original files. You want to make sure they match if your archiving a show on disk. Its like not having flac fingerprints. It is there to verify that the files match. The disk burns completely but then it fails the verification, which means that the files aren't the same to the source file. So there could be glitches or skips in the audio or video. My disks never match the original files. I'd burn a dvd and it wouldn't match the vob files ever. It almost always completes the burn, but it doesn't match the source files.

direwolf-pgh
2008-01-02, 10:01 PM
we are just playing 20 questions here.
all you've told us is there is 'some nero error' & you use verbatim discs...

what OS
what version of nero
what brand burner /firmware version
what type of burns fail ?
data/audio ?
CD/DVD ?
any upgrades in software recently ?
etc..etc..etc..

dude, its a PC. uninstall > reboot > reinstall = fixes 90% of most problems.

i dont verify disks either..its either a good burn or a bad burn..

dorrcoq
2008-01-02, 10:18 PM
I only verify data/archival discs. One thing that caused me burn problems was a power supply that was starting to die. new power supply, no more bad burns.

U2Lynne
2008-01-02, 10:55 PM
If you are burning a data disc and it then fails verification, have you ever tried to run the ffp or md5s anyway and see if they think the files are bad?

mike1061
2008-01-02, 11:09 PM
also it is very helpful if you type what the error message says.
Thanks MIke

splumer
2008-01-03, 02:32 PM
How many times have you burnt with the burner? I've "burned out" a couple of CD-R drives over the years.