PDA

View Full Version : permission denied

LROD420
2007-12-18, 02:35 PM
so i have tried to download a few shows from both this site and dime...yet, my bittorrent client continues to give me an error message "permission denied" i get about half the file downloaded and then this message pops up...i saw something about a certain version of bittorrent not being allowed anymore (which i will research)...any suggestions?

paddington
2007-12-18, 03:03 PM
yes, BitTorrent 5.0 is banned from a lot of places, including here (mainline).

What torrent client and version are you using?

Seth01
2007-12-18, 04:18 PM
so i have tried to download a few shows from both this site and dime...yet, my bittorrent client continues to give me an error message "permission denied" i get about half the file downloaded and then this message pops up...i saw something about a certain version of bittorrent not being allowed anymore (which i will research)...any suggestions?

Why don't you try µTorrent. It's a great little piece piece of software that is great & intuitive for beginners but advanced enough for experienced users. It also has a tiny footprint. You can find it here (http://www.utorrent.com).

HTH,
Seth

LROD420
2007-12-18, 04:44 PM
thank you to both...i just read the post from oct about banning the 5.0, i had tried azerus but my computer didnt like it, i will try utorrent, thank you again

LROD420
2007-12-20, 02:21 PM
utorrent works great! thank you

Seth01
2007-12-20, 10:17 PM
utorrent works great! thank you

Thanks for the feedback. I knew it would work well. :clap:

Seth