PDA

View Full Version : Seeding Question?

pcontos
2007-12-13, 04:06 PM
Hello, my name is Paul and I am new to this site and I look forward to downloading and upload various torrents from Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, etc.

My question is this: When I download an audio set of FLAC files via utorrent (or any other), I usually remove it immediately after in order to convert the files to WAV and burn a cd. I have been keeping the WAV files in the same folder as the FLAC files. Do I have to delete these WAV's in order to seed the same torrent. I fear that when I seed the torrent, the files in the associated file folder will be different (ie, have WAV files in addition to FLAC) and it will affect others leeching the torrent that I want to reseed.

In other words, is it Ok to leave the WAV files in the folders or do I have to remove them before seeding that torrent?

I hope this makes sense.

Please help!!

Paul

AAR.oner
2007-12-13, 04:37 PM
to seed, you'll need the folder as it was when you d/led it [so save yer wavs to another folder]

U2Lynne
2007-12-13, 04:44 PM
Actually Aaron, he just needs to have the folder name stay the same and have the original flac files (and text files and fingerprints) in order to seed. Anything may be put into that folder and the show may still be seeded as long as the original files in the folder are not touched.

vladsmythe
2007-12-13, 04:52 PM
If you use flac frontend to convert your files to wav, there is a box directly where your selected files appear "General options" there you can check or uncheck "Delete input files" If you want to burn the wav files you can do that without deleting the flac files, thus leaving the torrent intact. Not sure about traders little helper - never used it for decoding. I hope this helps you.

AAR.oner
2007-12-13, 05:00 PM
Actually Aaron, he just needs to have the folder name stay the same and have the original flac files (and text files and fingerprints) in order to seed. Anything may be put into that folder and the show may still be seeded as long as the original files in the folder are not touched.

werd, i did not know that :thumbsup

Seth01
2007-12-13, 09:22 PM
If you use flac frontend to convert your files to wav, there is a box directly where your selected files appear "General options" there you can check or uncheck "Delete input files" If you want to burn the wav files you can do that without deleting the flac files, thus leaving the torrent intact. Not sure about traders little helper - never used it for decoding. I hope this helps you.

Yup, TLH has similar options. In the decoding section, you can choose your "Output Location" as either the same folder (with or without overwriting the original files) or a different folder.

HTH,
Seth

rspencer
2007-12-13, 09:31 PM
If you're using NERO, you can burn straight to CD without converting the files. NERO will convert FLAC to WAV on the fly.

I do it this way all the time if I just want a hard copy for listening in the car, etc. & just listen to FLAC on the PC using foobar.