PDA

View Full Version : Band Restrictions (Besides FAQ...)

UserDemos
2007-12-13, 02:03 PM
Hey guys,

I'm yet another new member. I've been in the taping scene (but on a different circuit: theatre and classical) for about 5 years or so...

Are there are any unofficial restrictions on bands? Pop bands? Classical? Etc? I mean, I see a lot of rock music (which I love), but I was wondering if there were other types of music that can be posted here? Or is this a rock only forum? If so, are there specific sites (I looked in the FAQ...) for things like pop, trance, etc?

I'm very appreciative of information! Thanks! - D

saltman
2007-12-13, 02:22 PM
All forms of music are welcomed. Bands that are specifically listed in the Restriction list can not be uploaded. Everything else is good.

Five
2007-12-16, 10:51 PM
I'm more of a rock fan, but I've been thinking about taping classical for a while now. The acoustics at those shows are so beautiful compared to rock'n'roll hockey arena sound. And everybody I've spoken to about pro classical recording methods has told me that the old records made with only one or two carefully placed mics are far superior to any method they've been able to devise using many close mics and trying to re-mix it.

so yeah, I would love to hear it :D

rosc2112
2007-12-17, 01:37 PM
I've been looking for a couple of very rare Beethoven recordings, the LP's are long out of print and no one has re-recorded them, so if you happen to have them as boots, that would be awesome. Looking for "German Dances" and the Septets (op 20.)