PDA

View Full Version : Torrent file upload failure.

vladsmythe
2007-12-13, 11:46 AM
Is anyone else having issues uploading the torrent file, prior to submitting? Now is the first time I've ever seen this problem?

U2Lynne
2007-12-13, 11:48 AM
It's on the tracker. Let me delete it and you can try again. Make sure your announce url is correct.

U2Lynne
2007-12-13, 11:49 AM
Also, make sure it isn't already on the tracker. There are a couple of shows that come up when I search for "voodoo."

vladsmythe
2007-12-13, 12:33 PM
Thanks Lynne!

BadassMOFO
2007-12-17, 10:41 PM
I tried uploading a torrent and it said "upload" error a few seconds after. I tried making another one and it did the same thing.

U2Lynne
2007-12-17, 11:18 PM
The reason for your upload error must have been one of the reasons listed on the upload page because the torrent never got uploaded to the tracker.

Show / Hide If you are having problems uploading, look in here
If you get a torrent upload error, here are a couple things to look for:
- your announce url may be incorrect. Open the torrent in a text editor and make the announce url above is listed near the top of the torrent file. There should be a number "56" in front of the announce url.
- the file size is too big. Some torrent making applications make HUGE torrent files. Try using Azureus or uTorrent to make the torrent file.
- the torrent is already on the tracker. The tracker looks at the torrent hash. To get by this, change your text file slightly and make a new torrent. Also, give the torrent file a slightly different name.

If your torrent uploads fine, but then when you hit submit you get kicked back to this page:
- look to see if there are errors listed above the form. They will be in bold red.
- if there are no errors, it is probably that you reached the max length of the thread title or thread body. So, remove some of the text (you have to have some in the text boxes or you will get a bold red error) and after you are successful uploading the thread, you may add additional information in the second post.

If you continue to have problems, please post in Technobabble.

pawel
2007-12-18, 12:30 PM
I have problem as well. First the button "Manage attachments" was inactive - works only when Automatically parse links in text is checked.

Then when I upload a torrent I get info that quota for my attachments is exceeded. WTF?! The torrent file has 86 kb (for 2xDVD5 = 8 GB).

Please help!

U2Lynne
2007-12-18, 12:42 PM
It may be a torrent size problem with vbulletin. I saw that it was uploaded and I've since deleted the torrent from the tracker. The maximum size for torrents is 390.6 KB.

U2Lynne
2007-12-18, 12:52 PM
It just happened again, right?

For some reason the old torrent had still been left on the tracker (I know I deleted it, so weird... I must have done something wrong.)

We can try again and this time I can make 100% sure it is deleted.

U2Lynne
2007-12-18, 01:20 PM
OK, vbulletin doesn't like something about that torrent file. This is very, very weird. If you want, you can send it to me at [email protected] and I'll see if I can upload the torrent. This is just weird!

U2Lynne
2007-12-18, 01:23 PM
Oh well, f*!%$!

I figured it out... God, I am so f&^%$king stupid sometimes. You gave me the clue above and I didn't take it!!!!

It was that you are a viner also. vbulletin changed the way it looks at attachment permissions and since you are a viner, it shouldn't care about your attachment allotment, but it does and so now I've fixed it.

I can scream sometimes!!!! :grr:

pawel
2007-12-18, 02:13 PM
Thanks Lynne but there is still something wrong with the "manage"... F*U*C*K*I*N*G button as it t works randomly :mad:

ehh, I had to react :D

dorrcoq
2007-12-18, 02:25 PM
Oh well, f*!%$!

I can scream sometimes!!!! :grr:

I know what times I would hope those were, you sexy thing!:D

U2Lynne
2007-12-18, 04:34 PM
Thanks Lynne but there is still something wrong with the "manage"... F*U*C*K*I*N*G button as it t works randomly :mad:

ehh, I had to react :D
OK, I'm a bit tired from running around, so things go over my head and such, but.... I see you have a show up on the tracker now and it's working. Are you having troubles uploading another or are you just playing with me now... :cool:

direwolf-pgh
2007-12-18, 04:49 PM
Oh well, f*!%$!

I figured it out... God, I am so f&^%$king stupid sometimes. You gave me the clue above and I didn't take it!!!!

It was that you are a viner also. vbulletin changed the way it looks at attachment permissions and since you are a viner, it shouldn't care about your attachment allotment, but it does and so now I've fixed it.

I can scream sometimes!!!! :grr: :lol: there are only 5 people who would understand that post.

quota permissions are rarely fun. have a hug :icon_hug:

pawel
2007-12-18, 05:39 PM
Are you having troubles uploading another or are you just playing with me now... :cool:
I never play with mods being a timid creature :lol

I had problem with this damn button also after you managed the problem with 'quota'. I did xx clicks and reloads and finally it awoke...

Thanks for your help, Lynne, very appreciated :wave:

To direwolf-pgh: I'm 6 but I don't know if may understand :D

dorrcoq
2007-12-18, 06:53 PM
are you just playing with me now... :cool:

I wish!:D

BadassMOFO
2007-12-19, 02:38 PM
I've tried this several times. I've made a new torrent each time. I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error. The torrent file size is: 25.1Kb (28Kb on disc)

U2Lynne
2007-12-19, 03:53 PM
I've tried this several times. I've made a new torrent each time. I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error. The torrent file size is: 25.1Kb (28Kb on disc)
I'm a bit confused by your post cuz it sounds like you are talking about two different things. You do NOT have any torrent accidentally uploaded to the tracker, so if you are trying to upload a torrent, most likely you don't have the correct announce url.

The thing you are confusing me about is when you say "I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error." If you jump on an existing torrent, it has nothing to do with uploading so how can you get an upload error? Are you actually trying to upload a torrent to the site using the upload page or are you trying to hop on an existing torrent?

BadassMOFO
2007-12-19, 04:25 PM
I'm a bit confused by your post cuz it sounds like you are talking about two different things. You do NOT have any torrent accidentally uploaded to the tracker, so if you are trying to upload a torrent, most likely you don't have the correct announce url.

The thing you are confusing me about is when you say "I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error." If you jump on an existing torrent, it has nothing to do with uploading so how can you get an upload error? Are you actually trying to upload a torrent to the site using the upload page or are you trying to hop on an existing torrent?

I used this url:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php

I only tried to hop onto an existing torrent to see if it hooked up, which it did, but it gave an error within bit tornado. So yes, those are two completely different scenarios. I was trying to upload the attachment and it gives me the upload error.

U2Lynne
2007-12-19, 06:27 PM
I used this url:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php

I only tried to hop onto an existing torrent to see if it hooked up, which it did, but it gave an error within bit tornado. So yes, those are two completely different scenarios. I was trying to upload the attachment and it gives me the upload error.
Did you read the stuff on the upload page about reasons for errors?

Show / Hide If you are having problems uploading, look in here
If you get a torrent upload error, here are a couple things to look for:
- your announce url may be incorrect. Open the torrent in a text editor and make the announce url above is listed near the top of the torrent file. There should be a number "56" in front of the announce url.
- the file size is too big. Some torrent making applications make HUGE torrent files. Try using Azureus or uTorrent to make the torrent file.
- the torrent is already on the tracker. The tracker looks at the torrent hash. To get by this, change your text file slightly and make a new torrent. Also, give the torrent file a slightly different name.

If your torrent uploads fine, but then when you hit submit you get kicked back to this page:
- look to see if there are errors listed above the form. They will be in bold red.
- if there are no errors, it is probably that you reached the max length of the thread title or thread body. So, remove some of the text (you have to have some in the text boxes or you will get a bold red error) and after you are successful uploading the thread, you may add additional information in the second post.

If you continue to have problems, please post in Technobabble.

Did you verify the 56 in front of the announce url (that makes sure you don't have any extra characters in there that would make it fail to upload) and are you sure the torrent isn't already on the tracker? Are you getting an error message at all? Did you fill out the whole upload page?

As far as the other, are you getting a specific error message in bittornado? How about a link to the thread with the torrent?

Dylan
2007-12-19, 09:34 PM
This happened to me as well today

I am no virgin to uploading stuff here

it just kept bounceing me back to the upload page with nothing bolded

as far as text ive had others with alot more and it wasnt an issue

I gave up when I went to reupload it later it said the torrent is already on the tracker??

D

U2Lynne
2007-12-19, 10:00 PM
This happened to me as well today

I am no virgin to uploading stuff here

it just kept bounceing me back to the upload page with nothing bolded

as far as text ive had others with alot more and it wasnt an issue

I gave up when I went to reupload it later it said the torrent is already on the tracker??

D
Yeah, I found yours on the tracker just a little while ago and deleted it.

U2Lynne
2007-12-19, 10:54 PM
Badass, if you look at that torrent file you posted (in the post you deleted), it has a 53 in front of the announce url. The number in front of the url is the number of characters that should make up the announce url following the number. If you count the number of characters in "http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php", there are 56, thus why I said it should have a 56 in front of the url. If you have a 53 in front of it like in the deleted post, then the announce url was entered incorrectly. It could be some hidden character you accidentally added in near the end of the announce url.

BadassMOFO
2007-12-20, 01:03 PM
I see it now. It appears that my make torrent2 software removed 3 characters out of the word tracker and replaced the other 3 with "..." on the tracker list on the create torrent tab. There is also on that list, 14 other tracker names that I've never used or even typed in??!!

I kept trying to change the 53 to 56 no wonder it wouldn't change.

U2Lynne
2007-12-20, 02:35 PM
I see it now. It appears that my make torrent2 software removed 3 characters out of the word tracker and replaced the other 3 with "..." on the tracker list on the create torrent tab. There is also on that list, 14 other tracker names that I've never used or even typed in??!!

I kept trying to change the 53 to 56 no wonder it wouldn't change.
I'm glad you got it figured out. I must say that everytime this thread is bumped by a 'new' person (new to this thread), I get all tense wondering what is wrong now and wondering if I'll be able to figure out what is wrong and then fix it!

fredness
2008-01-06, 02:59 AM
I saved the dvd files to a directory on my hd. Did the md5 summer thing. Got the Gspot info. Created the torrent file with Azureus. I am trying to upload and getting the same error message.

Where do I find the announce URL? I didn't notice that on the upload video torrent form.

fredness
2008-01-06, 10:25 AM
I found an inactive video torrent that was the same show I was trying to upload. That might be the reason. I'll try another show for my first upload.

U2Lynne
2008-01-06, 10:34 AM
The announce url is listed in the FAQs and also on the upload page:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php

cicada
2010-05-08, 06:49 PM
I now have the upload failure that happens when I hit the manage attachments button. The torrent file has the 56 prior to the announce. Everything seems ok, the torrent size is 21k... none of the common problems seems to apply. Never had this before. Maybe it has something to do with my account? Any help is appreciated!

cicada
2010-05-08, 09:50 PM
Now it works (thanks)... Nothing to see here folks, move along :wave:

cicada
2010-12-23, 09:10 PM
Arghh. I am experiencing sticky upload again (somehow that doesn't quite sound right). There is no good reason as the "56" is where it belongs in the torrent file... none of the other common causes are apparent. There seems to be no good reason for this to be happening.

U2Lynne
2010-12-23, 11:52 PM
You uploaded a torrent file and then forgot to submit the thread or something because the torrent was uploaded, but no thread. I've deleted the torrent from the tracker and you should hopefully be OK now.

cicada
2010-12-24, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the fix Lynne... Of course, it's working just dandy now!

U2Lynne
2010-12-24, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the fix Lynne... Of course, it's working just dandy now!
Great! :)

cicada
2011-04-03, 02:35 PM
I am unable to upload the torrent file (again). Not sure why. The upload doesn't have any of the usual problems.

Every once ina while, I get stuck at this step. Usually, after posting here... my upload goes thru. Reminds me of the times when there are problems with my computer at work. Once I get the tech feller to come by, the problem goes away.
Upload of file failed. If this is a torrent upload failure, see list of common causes on the Upload Page.

cicada
2011-04-03, 02:52 PM
It's working now... I remade the torrent file one more time (4th time is a charm). This time, I checked "private". But, I never used to do this. Not sure why it's now working... but thanks

U2Lynne
2011-04-03, 03:20 PM
You did something that uploaded the torrent file to the tracker. Then got some error. And then when you tried to upload it again, it wouldn't upload because it was already on the tracker. Usually you can just change the name of the torrent file and try again.