PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! - "Invalid torrent file"

RockShow2Nite
2007-12-09, 07:23 AM
I'm hoping someone here can help me out with this problem! I'm trying to download the torrent "The Beatles xxxx-xx-xx Anthology [Discs 9 & 10]" but I keep getting the message "invalid torrent file". I've had no problems downloading discs 1-8 but for some reason I'm unable to do this with discs
9-10. Currently there are 11 leechers so I must be in error about something I've done. Can someone here tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can correct this. Thank you very much!!!

js1516
2007-12-09, 08:12 AM
When I get that message I delete the attachment.torrent file from the DOWNLOAD MANAGER in windows then I retry. That almost always works for me. You might have to do that a number of times to get it to work. Hope this helps.

RockShow2Nite
2007-12-09, 09:01 AM
When I get that message I delete the attachment.torrent file from the DOWNLOAD MANAGER in windows then I retry. That almost always works for me. You might have to do that a number of times to get it to work. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry to bother you with this question but I don't know how to do what you're saying I need to do in order to fix the problem. Can you please explain how to do each step. I never had to do this before. Thanks!

U2Lynne
2007-12-09, 10:12 AM
I'm not a PC person, so I can't explain what he is trying to say, but something else to try.... Delete the torrent file from your bittorrent client (usually a red X). Then go to the thread and do a Force Refresh (shift + refresh). Now click to Save the File to your Hard Drive. Once the torrent file is saved to your hard drive, drag/drop it into your bittorrent client to start.

RockShow2Nite
2007-12-09, 11:14 AM
I'm not a PC person, so I can't explain what he is trying to say, but something else to try.... Delete the torrent file from your bittorrent client (usually a red X). Then go to the thread and do a Force Refresh (shift + refresh). Now click to Save the File to your Hard Drive. Once the torrent file is saved to your hard drive, drag/drop it into your bittorrent client to start.

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

RockShow2Nite
2007-12-09, 11:51 AM

Hey U2Lynne! You're right!!! The "Refresh" fixed the problem. Thank you very much for your help. Have a great day!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: