PDA

View Full Version : Forum software upgrade on Monday

U2Lynne
2007-12-02, 02:07 PM
I'm going to be updating the forum software on Monday. This means that the site will be closed to viewing and posting for a couple of hours. The tracker should continue on since I'm not doing anything to it. However, I will be doing some database changes during the upgrade and so it may make the database unavailable for a little bit which may cause the tracker to spit out an error. That should correct itself the next time your bittorrent client tries to contact the tracker.

After the upgrade, I'm sure there will be things that decide to not work or cause errors. I tried to be on the lookout for them when practicing the upgrade on a test site, but I'm sure there are a couple of things I missed. This thread is to be used to list any small problems that occur after the upgrade. Some modifications I did to this site early on that no one (or hardly anyone) uses will not be carried onto the upgraded site.

List of things I need to fix:
- if you use Quick Reply, your stats look like they are zeroed out after you submit the post. You can do a refresh on the page and they will reappear
- torstats page isn't working
- banners page isn't working
- I'm not sure if the tracker cleaner is working - I think it's fixed
- allow searching for 'who'
- add last 10 list of torrents/vines/b&ps to member page
- add TTD trader in postbit
- main page clientscript error / cron job error
- cron jobs!!!!

possessed
2007-12-02, 02:25 PM
Do we need to sacrifice a small animal or virgin to ensure a smooth transition?

Unidecker
2007-12-03, 12:19 PM
thanks for the heads up :)

may the phorce be with you..... and also with all of you.

daddyray
2007-12-03, 12:39 PM
thanks lynne

trustthex
2007-12-03, 03:07 PM
apparently, if you use the stg theme, the graphic at the top is gone? osx 10.4.11/camino.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 03:08 PM
apparently, if you use the stg theme, the graphic at the top is gone? osx 10.4.11/camino.
I forgot about that. Let me go see if I can fix it.

k.crabbe
2007-12-03, 03:19 PM
Getting this message
"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."
when trying to logon to main site. ---Kurt

Forgot to add a big Thank You for everything you do!:)

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 03:23 PM
Mr. Wolf, what did you do there?

Oh, that whitelist thing I've seen people talk about.... let me go see about that.

STG header will have to wait. I seem to recall that it's a background image. For now I just put it there.

direwolf-pgh
2007-12-03, 03:29 PM
Mr. Wolf, what did you do there?
i created & deleted a post.

also check out the front page torrents when u get a sec. :)

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 03:30 PM
Well, you aren't supposed to do that.... you mean you deleted it the *real* way or the, um.... other way?

Oh, maybe it's a template thing I need to correct. Later....

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 03:32 PM
i created & deleted a post.

also check out the front page torrents when u get a sec. :)
How on earth...???

It's only the front page.... maybe a cache thing? At least it doesn't say that some of them were mp3s!!! I wonder if it's related to the whitelist thing....

KPO
2007-12-03, 03:33 PM
I don't even know how to explain it there is some very weird sh*t going on. I just UL'ed a Aerosmith show and it did not have the normal "you must DL your own torrent.....Click Here" at the top of the page so I tried it down below, as just a normal DL and ended up in a forum? I think, Just a msg from someone want silver DVD's

Anyway I'm confused and the Upload I was trying won't work

Thanks

trustthex
2007-12-03, 03:41 PM
STG header will have to wait. I seem to recall that it's a background image. For now I just put it there.

lol. dont worry about it, you wanted a list of things that were broken. i just happen to like the ol' stg theme.

good luck bug squashing! :headbang2

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 03:57 PM
Hey KPO, it ended up on our test site, which is why you don't see it. I've got some pointer wrong and I'm trying to track it down.

Five
2007-12-03, 04:00 PM
hmm... the quick smileys are gone (I always liked those!)

also the 3-d effect is gone from the purple bars

and some neato little moderation checkbox thingees I don't know how to use have appeared... :cool:

anyhow, I guess I mean to say no serious differences that I've noticed on my end yet.

saltman
2007-12-03, 04:32 PM
hmm... the quick smileys are gone (I always liked those!)

and some neato little moderation checkbox thingees I don't know how to use have appeared... :cool:

anyhow, I guess I mean to say no serious differences that I've noticed on my end yet.
the 3d effect is the style. if you go to your CP you can change to style2 for what you are after.

ohh.... there are all kinds of neat toys now.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 04:40 PM
I *think* torrent uploading is working now. At least KPO seems to have successfully uploaded a show.

And yes, I realize if you use the regular Quick Reply, after you hit post, it looks like your stats are zeroed out. However, hit Refresh and they will be back. I'll work on that later also.

KPO
2007-12-03, 04:48 PM
Hey KPO, it ended up on our test site, which is why you don't see it. I've got some pointer wrong and I'm trying to track it down.

Everything is fine now....actually better that fine I think the menu changes are fantastic:clap::clap::clap::clap: :wave:

Thanks

KPO

"Why do people with the worst ratios do 90% of the Bitching" :disbelief

saltman
2007-12-03, 04:57 PM
when you click on a link from the forums menu, it used to take you to the newest post after your last viewed post. now it goes to the first one.

direwolf-pgh
2007-12-03, 05:00 PM
if i click any of the links in User CP..its like a polar bear in a snow storm.
- just saying

saltman
2007-12-03, 05:07 PM
- just sayingmy CP works. also used another login and it worked there also. FWIW

saltman
2007-12-03, 05:10 PM
my CP works. also used another login and it worked there also. FWIWtake that back. snow storm here too for first 7 links. the rest work except the last three.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it works on the test site, but not here. Same files - I just recopied them. Time to go look at the error_log.

dcbullet
2007-12-03, 05:21 PM
- just saying

Haha, good description.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 05:39 PM
OK, this is fucked.... the error on the User CP page is because of a missing ")". But, I put it in and the server loads fucking shit. *And*, it still doesn't work on the site. So, something is up there and I'm just gonna have to work it from a different direction.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 05:42 PM
Yeah, it works on the test site, but not here. Same files - I just recopied them. Time to go look at the error_log.
Yikes! Wrong. It doesn't work on the test site either - same freak out of the server loads.

I'll see if the default one will work.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 06:06 PM
OK, profile page taken down until I can figure this out. Everytime someone hits it, it goes into some loop or something and I can't work on it.

Five
2007-12-03, 06:06 PM
the 3d effect is the style. if you go to your CP you can change to style2 for what you are after.

ohh.... there are all kinds of neat toys now.

thanks I got it now:thumbsup

maybe 3d should be default? anyhow no biggie at all

I also found the smileys :D

and I got the snowstorm on the first 7 in the cp as well

still exploring...

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 06:11 PM
Just don't go to the profile page!!! Or try to. actually, it's removed right now. Something would happen when someone tried to hit it and the server would freak out.

Dylan
2007-12-03, 06:15 PM
When trying to view torrent stats it comes up with a blank page??

when u reload it says done but its empty

Dylan

possessed
2007-12-03, 06:20 PM
Guess we should have sacrificed that virgin after all. :disbelief

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 06:24 PM
Hehe. Yeah, I guess. Now I'm afraid to ever put that page back on the server!

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 06:31 PM
OK, I'll silently say in this thread that the profile page is back up. I actually *may* know what happened, but I'm not gonna test it out. That page is now all default.

fubar
2007-12-03, 06:53 PM
all is well.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 07:14 PM
All right, I also know the torstats page won't load. I swear, it was.... don't know why not now.

saltman
2007-12-03, 07:23 PM
quick links > banners list . doesn't load also.

retired
2007-12-03, 09:16 PM
:icon_hug: Lynne :love:

SundayDriver
2007-12-03, 10:10 PM
There is a second bread crumb at the bottom of the pages now. Don't know if it's supposed to be there. Or if it was always there. :hmm:

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 10:15 PM
There is a PM preview like I had before, which happens to be a hack. It is the default hack template which is different than how I did it before which is probably why you notice it now.

Yeah, I added that forums drop-down because James asked if it was possible. I'm still getting used to it.

U2Lynne
2007-12-03, 10:16 PM
There is a second bread crumb at the bottom of the pages now. Don't know if it's supposed to be there. Or if it was always there. :hmm:
It was there before. Although maybe it was below the Quick Reply before? I can't remember. But, it is a hack that I used before and I liked it so I installed it again.

maurionfire
2007-12-03, 10:39 PM
hey I have a "tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>" is that common?

paddington
2007-12-03, 11:39 PM
not really.. can you tell us exactly which torrent it is so we can try it out and see if we can replicate the problem, please?

paddington
2007-12-03, 11:40 PM
It was there before. Although maybe it was below the Quick Reply before? I can't remember. But, it is a hack that I used before and I liked it so I installed it again. I like it down there so I can see what forum I'm in w/o having to scroll back up. :thumbsup

Daken
2007-12-04, 02:11 AM
I used to be able to search for "The Who" (including the quotes). Now, nothing seems to come up.

paddington
2007-12-04, 02:30 AM
yes it doesn't seem to like that anymore - maybe it is looking for the phrase WITH the quotes?

ANyway, you can get what you need by using the advanced search with these params:
Key Word(s): who ; Forum: Music Downloads and child forums

That wil filter the junk for you.

LvDMB2
2007-12-04, 06:58 AM
Not sure if this is a problem due to changes 2 torrents are saying tracker sending invalid data <null>

The Bob Rivers Show 102.5 KZOK Audio Vault Pt.4 and 5

paddington
2007-12-04, 08:12 AM
^^^^ this seems to be working ok for me so far (part 4) - but I just downloaded and started it.

Were you already running these prior to Monday's forum update? I'm wondering if that's why some people are seeing this message?

door71
2007-12-04, 08:21 AM
I'm trying to download ZZ Top and nothing is happening. It's not launching.

paddington
2007-12-04, 08:38 AM
I'm trying to download ZZ Top and nothing is happening. It's not launching.
link, please.

door71
2007-12-04, 08:58 AM
ZZ Top KBFH 80 Passaic NJ FLAC.torrent

Sorry. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24902&d=1172572859

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 09:05 AM
That link works for me door71. Are you doing a Save As or just clicking the link or ?? And exactly what is happening for you?

As for "The Who"... I forgot that I need to delete the word "who" from the list of illegal words that vbulletin has.... somewhere. I gotta find that file.

door71
2007-12-04, 09:27 AM
Let me try it again and get specifics.

Is there any reason that I keep getting logged out? I've had to log in 4 times in the last hour and a half. :hmm:

door71
2007-12-04, 09:35 AM
I have always clicked on the link, then chose open file and it always went to the Azureus download page. I used to get a pop up telling me the download has been added to Azureus........now I'm not.

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 10:11 AM
Make sure when you login you check the box to stay logged in. (vbulletin did something with the cookies and other security features in this update)

OK, so this time, you click the attachment and you aren't getting a pop-up at all? Is this on every torrent or just that one? Also, do a force refresh on that page and see if it helps.

saltman
2007-12-04, 10:11 AM
That link works for me door71. Are you doing a Save As or just clicking the link or ?? And exactly what is happening for you?

As for "The Who"... I forgot that I need to delete the word "who" from the list of illegal words that vbulletin has.... somewhere. I gotta find that file.That link works for me too.

door71
2007-12-04, 10:47 AM
For some reason the torrent isn't linking to Azureus..................it is going to the desktop as an attachment php.

I'm trying as hard as I can to explain what is going on. I downloaded 3 shows yesterday without any problems.

LvDMB2
2007-12-04, 10:50 AM
^^^^ this seems to be working ok for me so far (part 4) - but I just downloaded and started it.

Were you already running these prior to Monday's forum update? I'm wondering if that's why some people are seeing this message?

Snag these the day that they appeared. Have been on ever since. Was fine last night before bed. Parts 1, 2 , 3. all running fine. Also when u check my activity it doesn't show parts 4 and 5 in the list.

After u see this i will try reloading the torrents.

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 10:51 AM
For some reason the torrent isn't linking to Azureus..................it is going to the desktop as an attachment php.

I'm trying as hard as I can to explain what is going on. I downloaded 3 shows yesterday without any problems.
Downloaded them yesterday prior to the upgrade or after the upgrade? Once it is on the desktop, can you double-click to start it? You may have to look in your browser preferences and set something to open up Azureus. I changed the name of the script that downloads your torrent file. It used to be called "downloadtor.php" and now I am using the regular "attachment.php" file to download.

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 10:53 AM
Snag these the day that they appeared. Have been on ever since. Was fine last night before bed. Parts 1, 2 , 3. all running fine. Also when u check my activity it doesn't show parts 4 and 5 in the list.

After u see this i will try reloading the torrents.
If you continue to have problems, can you give me a link to the thread so I can check some stuff out. Also, are you downloading from the same IP that you are posting from?

door71
2007-12-04, 10:56 AM
Downloaded them yesterday prior to the upgrade or after the upgrade? Once it is on the desktop, can you double-click to start it? You may have to look in your browser preferences and set something to open up Azureus. I changed the name of the script that downloads your torrent file. It used to be called "downloadtor.php" and now I am using the regular "attachment.php" file to download.

The last one completed at 11:18AM yesterday. Let me try again. Thanks for helping a computer dummy.

LvDMB2
2007-12-04, 11:05 AM
If you continue to have problems, can you give me a link to the thread so I can check some stuff out. Also, are you downloading from the same IP that you are posting from?

Yes I am on the same IP. I removed part 4 from u torrent and reloaded. Still got same message. Went to the web page redownloaded the torrent and loaded that and got same message. The leechers and seeders are the same on u torrent as listed on the web page.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49521

hope this helps

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 11:14 AM
Yes I am on the same IP. I removed part 4 from u torrent and reloaded. Still got same message. Went to the web page redownloaded the torrent and loaded that and got same message. The leechers and seeders are the same on u torrent as listed on the web page.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49521

hope this helps
I figured this one out.... you are already seeding 10 torrents which is the limit allowed.

Note to self: I need to put the S/L/C back on that list.

door71
2007-12-04, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne

The last one completed at 11:18AM yesterday. Let me try again. Thanks for helping a computer dummy.

Ok. I double clicked on it and it now says "Could not open 'attachment.php' It doesn't apperar to be a .torrent file" :hmm: Now I'm really lost.

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 11:34 AM
Ok. I double clicked on it and it now says "Could not open 'attachment.php' It doesn't apperar to be a .torrent file" :hmm: Now I'm really lost.
Is this only on that one torrent, or on all torrents? Can we get a link to the thread? What OS and what browser? I am pretty sure this is a browser thing, but we'll figure it out.

(Just FYI, I'm on a Mac, OX10.4.11, firefox)

door71
2007-12-04, 11:47 AM
Lynne,

I just emailed a screen print to you. It is all torrents.

I have 2 torrents downloading right now that are a couple of days old.

LvDMB2
2007-12-04, 11:54 AM
I figured this one out.... you are already seeding 10 torrents which is the limit allowed.

Note to self: I need to put the S/L/C back on that list.

Ok until this morning all were seeding. I will delete some older ones. Ty

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 12:05 PM
Lynne,

I just emailed a screen print to you. It is all torrents.

I have 2 torrents downloading right now that are a couple of days old.
I can't open an odt file. I'm not sure what it even is. Can you make it a jpeg or something and then just attach it here. Also, what OS and what browser are you using?
Ok until this morning all were seeding. I will delete some older ones. Ty
I restarted apache yesterday when I was having the profile.php file problem, so it probably re-evaluated how many torrents you were on and wouldn't let you have more than ten. If you were originally downloading the show and then just leave it seeding when you complete, it doesn't kick you off even if you are over your ten seeding quota.

maurionfire
2007-12-04, 01:02 PM
well I have the <NULL> in all my torrents I'm uploading note i'm still uploading but the tracker doesn't update my ratio and the torrents are

snow patrol 2006 portland oregon
belle and sebastian 2006-07-06
arcade fire 2007-05-01
arcade fire 2007-19-05
interpol 2007-04-27

paddington
2007-12-04, 01:25 PM
well I have the <NULL> in all my torrents I'm uploading note i'm still uploading but the tracker doesn't update my ratio and the torrents are

arcade fire 2007-05-01
arcade fire 2007-19-05
interpol 2007-04-27

you actually have 10 torrents running, according to the tracker.. maybe that hit the threshold and caused it to stop sending data in the acks? Not that that is what is should do.. but maybe related to the 10 torrents thing?

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 01:44 PM

arcade fire 2007-05-01
arcade fire 2007-19-05
interpol 2007-04-27
What kind of upload speeds do you get? I know I only get 75 and in order for my speeds to do anyone any good, I just pick three needy torrents to upload to. That gives each of them 25 up. A couple of those torrents you listed have no leechers, so you can't be uploading to them at all.

maurionfire
2007-12-04, 05:43 PM
mmmmh nice the tracker works again for me
but anyway its weird I only have 6 torrents of TTD

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 05:53 PM
maurionfire, you may want to look at this in the FAQ: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_connection_limit

Dylan
2007-12-04, 06:08 PM
I am seeding on this show

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40333

although it shows me as connected no activity in my client and a

bad data from tracker error??

Any thoughts

Dylan

krokodyle
2007-12-04, 06:54 PM
No problems to report so far, except that the site *seems* faster... :D

And I really like the new "Forum" link on the entry page!

Cheers!

Birdfinger
2007-12-04, 09:07 PM
Hello,

I use the "First Post Date" option as the Default Forum Sort Order in my userCP however it no longer seems to be working. I save this option but the video forum still displays in the Last Post order. Other than this, I seem to able to get around the site with no problems and it does seem to be loading a lot faster. :thumbsup

aikox2
2007-12-04, 09:17 PM
I also use 'First Post Date' as my thread order default, and it no longer works. It may be listing by Last Post, but it certainly is not working correctly.

Hopefully that will be corrected; I find it very useful to see the most recent posts/uploads whenever I return to a forum. I don't want to see anything old - I already have ; )

Thanks for the upgrade, and TIA for working out the bugs.

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 10:10 PM
First Post Date.... OK, now I understand what you guys are talking about. It was an old hack that I never used and I totally forgot about it. I've gotta go find my old code for it (hopefully I saved it somewhere).

trentnaka
2007-12-04, 11:08 PM
I just uploaded a torrent and when I downloaded and started to seed I get a "bad data from tracker" error. I'm seeding and connected to peers, so all seems good that way. I tried opening and seeding a torrent I downloaded a few days ago and get the same error message. Everything works at the other sites I use, so something seems to be wrong with the tracker here:hmm:

U2Lynne
2007-12-04, 11:15 PM
I see you on the Peers List, so that is good and means the tracker is aware of you. Are you seeding from the same IP that you just posted from? Have you ever got that error before? "bad data from tracker" is a very generic error and could mean a ton of things, so I'm not sure what to suggest here. We didn't do anything to the tracker yesterday. The only changes are the forum software which uploads and downloads the torrent file itself.

l1bertas
2007-12-05, 05:49 AM
I'm also getting the "bad data from tracker" error'. My down load has stopped downloading even thouh I'm only at 67.7%.

saltman
2007-12-05, 06:47 AM
The hack that changes the format of posted email addresses isn't converting them to the xxx ( at ) cccc (dot ) com. or however it went before.

aikox2
2007-12-05, 05:40 PM
First Post Date.... OK, now I understand what you guys are talking about. It was an old hack that I never used and I totally forgot about it. I've gotta go find my old code for it (hopefully I saved it somewhere).

I hope so too. As one who checks in constantly, it makes it simple to see what has been poste since my last visit. I imagine many people used this feature.

TIA for getting it back the great way it used to be.

l1bertas
2007-12-05, 06:22 PM
I tried BitLord instead of BitTornado and the error message went away.

trentnaka
2007-12-05, 06:23 PM
I just uploaded a torrent and when I downloaded and started to seed I get a "bad data from tracker" error. I'm seeding and connected to peers, so all seems good that way. I tried opening and seeding a torrent I downloaded a few days ago and get the same error message. Everything works at the other sites I use, so something seems to be wrong with the tracker here:hmm:

Error message is gone now, so problem seems to have been resolved.

U2Lynne
2007-12-05, 06:58 PM
I tried BitLord instead of BitTornado and the error message went away.
Actually, the problem got fixed and there is no need to change over to BitLord. I would strongly NOT recommend going to BitLord since it pounds the tracker and you may find yourself banned from the site (automatically) because of the pounding.

U2Lynne
2007-12-05, 07:02 PM
I hope so too. As one who checks in constantly, it makes it simple to see what has been poste since my last visit. I imagine many people used this feature.

TIA for getting it back the great way it used to be.
It looks like I'm gonna have to rewrite this hack since I can't find it anywhere. It allowed you to pick a default sort order in your User CP for all the forums, correct?

In the meantime, you can go into the forum and on the bottom you may select "Thread Start Time" and hit "Show Threads" and it will put them in order for you. Or, you can go to the torrents page and see them all also: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/torrents.php?tor=list

bartgrooms
2007-12-06, 08:02 AM
When I try to download a torrent file, it keeps taking me to this page:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38995&d=1196815125
Reminds me of being in a Beckett play.

U2Lynne
2007-12-06, 09:20 AM
When I try to download a torrent file, it keeps taking me to this page:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38995&d=1196815125
Reminds me of being in a Beckett play.
And that page is downloading a torrent file for me, which is good, no? Perhaps you have something set to block pop-ups from this site? That page pops up a little window which asks me what to do with the torrent file.

quadrophenia
2007-12-06, 04:31 PM
When I try to upload a torrent with µtorrent, there is no upload torrent button. I see only this text:

Valid file extensions: Please only attach a single torrent file to this post. If you wish to attach images, do so in a separate post. Thank you.

The text is there before I try any uploading.

U2Lynne
2007-12-06, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure how utorrent comes into play here, but if you hit the Go Advanced tab on the Quick Reply here, do you see the Manage Attachments button where it should be? Have you tried doing a Force Refresh on the upload page?

U2Lynne
2007-12-06, 05:35 PM
You know what, this one is on our tracker from you recently "km2007-07-15.stc9000.sbeok.flac16.torrent" You probably started to upload it and stopped and perhaps that is causing problems? I've removed it so perhaps you are OK now.

quadrophenia
2007-12-06, 06:19 PM
There is still no upload torrent button on the upload page. And since hours there is no upload on TDD.

quadrophenia
2007-12-06, 06:31 PM
I started to upload Depeche Mode and stopped. "DEpeche Mod Crocs 1981"

U2Lynne
2007-12-06, 06:53 PM
There is still no upload torrent button on the upload page. And since hours there is no upload on TDD.
You must have seen the button at some point in the last 22 hours cuz that is when you uploaded that torrent onto the tracker. I've since removed it from the tracker. So, do a Force Refresh of the page to get it to completely redo that whole page again. Don't just go to the upload page, you need to force it to refresh.

And, if that doesn't fix it, can you tell me if the Manage Attachments button shows up in the Go Advanced tab for you.

quadrophenia
2007-12-06, 07:05 PM
I refreshed the page several times but it doesn't help. The Manage Attachments button shows up. Same problem on the upload video torrent page. I never uploaded a video torrent.

U2Lynne
2007-12-06, 07:27 PM
I refreshed the page several times but it doesn't help. The Manage Attachments button shows up. Same problem on the upload video torrent page. I never uploaded a video torrent.
So the button showed up this morning (or yesterday) but now won't? I haven't done anything to that page, that's why I am trying to figure this out. And I hate to ask this again, but you did a Force Refresh, not a regular refresh, right?

U2Lynne
2007-12-07, 11:33 AM
Hey quadrophenia, there is a thread about this issue here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49922 I finally understand exactly what you are talking about and I'm working on the problem (although I must say that this issue is pissing me off big time!).

daddaj
2007-12-08, 01:31 PM
i'm not sure if it's related to the upgrade, or if the search function should now work this way, but i notice two things that weren't happening before (i used the advanced search page):

#1 "steely dan" (in quotes) ==> error - no matches

#2 immediately retry #1 without quotes ==> 30 second wait

related to #2, any search with no matches ==> 30 second wait

thanks!

U2Lynne
2007-12-08, 01:42 PM
i'm not sure if it's related to the upgrade, or if the search function should now work this way, but i notice two things that weren't happening before (i used the advanced search page):

#1 "steely dan" (in quotes) ==> error - no matches

#2 immediately retry #1 without quotes ==> 30 second wait

related to #2, any search with no matches ==> 30 second wait

thanks!
The Steely Dan one is because of the word "Dan". It's too short and so you get an error. Try just "Steely".

And yeah, they changed the way the search works. It used to be if you got no results or you got an error, you could immediately search again. Now it makes you wait. It is the way it is supposed to work now. I'll put it on my list of things to look into. I would guess that someone has figured out a modification to get search back to the way it was.

edit to add: I just installed a hack to the search. If you input "Steely Dan", it should now simply remove the word "Dan" and continue your search.

lando
2007-12-08, 09:35 PM
The "Delete Ghosts" option doesn't seem to be on the Profile page anymore ...

U2Lynne
2007-12-08, 09:41 PM
The "Delete Ghosts" option doesn't seem to be on the Profile page anymore ...
I know, I haven't added it again yet. It is only necessary if someone doesn't want to wait for the tracker cleaner to come by and 'clear' the ghosts.

lando
2007-12-09, 03:27 PM
Thanks. I needed it yesterday, but just decided to hope it would clean itself up. It did. :)

I know, I haven't added it again yet. It is only necessary if someone doesn't want to wait for the tracker cleaner to come by and 'clear' the ghosts.

ezytouch
2007-12-10, 05:34 PM
the forum jump button at the top of the home page does not give me a menu tonight, it's like the old site. is that to be expected?:)

U2Lynne
2007-12-10, 06:39 PM
the forum jump button at the top of the home page does not give me a menu tonight, it's like the old site. is that to be expected?:)
It is now a user pickable option. Some users liked it, others liked the old way. Go to your User CP > Options and near the bottom it asks if you want a drop down menu or a single link.

zeppy2
2007-12-12, 12:29 PM
I use Firefox 1.5 under Ubuntu-Linux 6.06 and threads take now such a long time to open...
I tried on another computer with Firefox 2.0 under Ubuntu-Linux 7.10 and have not the same problem, but a different (new) home page ?

GIGFY26
2007-12-12, 02:57 PM
Hi Lynne,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. One thing I noticed today.
My RSS feed is not updating the audio and video torrents anymore. It still does the other forums but the last torrent listed is the Dave Mathews video from 12/10 @ 21:10et.
I don't know how many people actually use this, just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Did you do an update on the 10th that may have affected it?

U2Lynne
2007-12-12, 03:13 PM
Hi Lynne,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. One thing I noticed today.
My RSS feed is not updating the audio and video torrents anymore. It still does the other forums but the last torrent listed is the Dave Mathews video from 12/10 @ 21:10et.
I don't know how many people actually use this, just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Did you do an update on the 10th that may have affected it?
Due to the notice we got today to take down the Zeppelin torrent, we no longer allow non-members to view the Torrent forums. This is probably why you aren't getting an update in your RSS feed. Perhaps there is a way to put in a username/password for a site in order for it to work?

I use Firefox 1.5 under Ubuntu-Linux 6.06 and threads take now such a long time to open...
I tried on another computer with Firefox 2.0 under Ubuntu-Linux 7.10 and have not the same problem, but a different (new) home page ?
Hmmm, I'm not a linux user, so I really can't help with this. Perhaps you can open the console (Tools > Error Console) and see what the problem is?

GIGFY26
2007-12-13, 01:27 PM
Thanks Lynne,
That's probably it, I'll check it out.

baxlap
2007-12-13, 11:13 PM
I can no longer open torrents with Azureus. Each time I log in and try to open a torrent, I get "Open this file with Internet Explorer" with the file identified as "attachment.htm." Please help!

BTW, I've opened torrents successfully on other trackers. So this problem appears to be unique to this site, which has been my favorite torrent site. Bummer!

U2Lynne
2007-12-13, 11:23 PM
I can no longer open torrents with Azureus. Each time I log in and try to open a torrent, I get "Open this file with Internet Explorer" with the file identified as "attachment.htm." Please help!

BTW, I've opened torrents successfully on other trackers. So this problem appears to be unique to this site, which has been my favorite torrent site. Bummer!
You might want to look at this thread: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49846

It is something set in your browser. When I upgraded the site, the name of the download file changed from downloadtor.php to attachment.php, so your browser used to be able to handle downloading the torrents when it had one script name, so it should be able to deal with this new script name.

slickdaddyo
2007-12-14, 06:17 AM
Just a nitpicky thing -- I logged on, changed the page style from "snowflakes" to "rotating Banner", which worked, but it was like I hadn't logged on. When I re-logged-on, it said welcome slickdaddyo, but again it was like I hadn't logged on. I kept hitting "back" on my browser, and eventually was able to re-re-re-log-in. :)

U2Lynne
2007-12-14, 09:33 AM
Just a nitpicky thing -- I logged on, changed the page style from "snowflakes" to "rotating Banner", which worked, but it was like I hadn't logged on. When I re-logged-on, it said welcome slickdaddyo, but again it was like I hadn't logged on. I kept hitting "back" on my browser, and eventually was able to re-re-re-log-in. :)
With the old software, I was able to logon and NOT check the stay logged in button and everything would be fine for my session. However, they do sessions a bit differently now and I think you have to check that box or you may get told you need to login again when going to some pages or trying to download attachments/torrents.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this new 'security feature'.

scotteaton
2007-12-16, 09:30 PM
I can not search for U2 as it does not have 4 letters. Is there a way to fix or get around that problem?

Scott

yoseph
2007-12-20, 04:06 PM
Hello. I have run into a few problems:
1. I tried to find where to enable the 3d effect and couldn't find it in my CP.
2. When I try to open this thread http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48584&highlight=neil+young+echo
I get an error message:
406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/showthread.php could not be found on this server.

U2Lynne
2007-12-20, 05:35 PM
2. When I try to open this thread http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48584&highlight=neil+young+echo
I get an error message:
406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/showthread.php could not be found on this server.
1. What 3d effect?
2. That is because you used the word 'echo' which is a no-no. Our ModSecurity doesn't like it and I'm not going to allow that word in the exceptions.

Birdfinger
2007-12-23, 05:24 PM

Just wanted to say thank-you for all your work on this site and specifically for your work on restoring the "First Post Date" order feature that a few of us enjoy using so much. All your efforts are very much appreciated. Thank you again.

:clap::clap::clap:

:):thumbsup

Tubular
2008-04-16, 08:25 PM

I can't find where to change to style2 to enable the 3D effect either. Is this an option only available to mods?

Thanks

U2Lynne
2008-04-16, 10:41 PM

I can't find where to change to style2 to enable the 3D effect either. Is this an option only available to mods?

Thanks
Just for you, I put it back in. It's called TTD Default - 3D.

Tubular
2008-04-16, 11:14 PM
Thanks Lynne! :clap:

Is there a way to make avatars 3D? :hmm: :D

direwolf-pgh
2008-04-17, 01:09 PM
that layout looks nice. changes the fonts quite a bit, but its sure easy to read.

U2Lynne
2008-04-17, 01:10 PM
that layout looks nice. changes the fonts quite a bit, but its sure easy to read.
It does? In what way? I didn't think I had any other changes in that style except the css.

direwolf-pgh
2008-04-17, 01:31 PM
the username, forum headers & threads look bold. :hmm: maybe its just the color change
the fonts are black.

EDIT: yeah - its just the color change from blueish/purple to black. it looks nice either way.

U2Lynne
2008-04-17, 02:12 PM
the username, forum headers & threads look bold. :hmm: maybe its just the color change
the fonts are black.

EDIT: yeah - its just the color change from blueish/purple to black. it looks nice either way.
Yeah, could be. It sounds like it is just changes in the css. I did look to see if there were any template changes and there were none. If it's just some fonts and colors and stuff, no big deal, I don't think. I see the changes in the navbar on the top, but I'm not sure where else you are talking about.