PDA

View Full Version : U Torrent Port Forwarding Problem

EchoesOfZepp
2007-11-06, 09:11 AM
Ive got a constant yellow light now when using U torrent.Ive been onto portforward.com and tried to follow the steps.
Ive gone into the virtual server as im only forwarding this port 53449 for U Torrent.I know i have a static i.p address to but here where im getting the probs.When it asks me to enter my i.p address i get the following message "Invalid IP address! It should be set within the current subnet"
Im really not much good at stuff like this and any help would be great.

I have window vista
My router is a Edimax BR 6204wg
And i cave a cable internet connection (Virgin,used to be NTL)

I also have made sure firewall all firewalls etc are disabled

U2Lynne
2007-11-06, 09:31 AM
EchoesOfZepp, when portforward talks about having a static IP, it is talking about a *local* static IP - the one your router sees you as. Usually your connection comes into the router and then the router is connected to several computers in the house. In order for it to know which computer wants what pages, it gives you all local IPs that look like (usually) 192.168.1.xxx. That is the IP that portforward talks about needing to be static.

Here is the guide to do this on Windows Vista: http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-vista.htm

EchoesOfZepp
2007-11-06, 10:49 AM
Thanks so much for the info,i'll take a look

EchoesOfZepp
2007-11-06, 11:07 AM
Ok ive started going through the walkthrough and it says this

Step 11:
Before you make any changes, write down the settings that you see on this page. If something goes wrong you can always change the settings back to what they were! You should see a dot in the Obtain an IP address automatically box. If you do not, your connection is already setup for a static ip. Just close all these windows and you are done.

I have a dot in the Obtain an IP address automatically already,so according to this walkthrough it says the setup is ok