PDA

View Full Version : Downloading a DVD....SLOWLY....

Iknow
2007-11-06, 01:32 AM
I'm downloading a Joe Walsh DVD and it's constantly going from 1-2 seeders to 0. It is taking forever because of this. Any ideas why????

paddington
2007-11-06, 01:38 AM
It's because you are firewalled. There are 3 seeds - one of them is also firewalled... you can't see each other.

I'd suggest you forward your ports properly so you can connect to the other peers - and so they can connect to you.

www.portforward.com

Iknow
2007-11-06, 06:31 PM
My firewall is off.

paddington
2007-11-06, 06:42 PM
My firewall is off. ok. Suggest you still follow the link to learn what you need to do.

U2Lynne
2007-11-06, 06:56 PM
My firewall is off.
That is only one step in the process. Most routers/modems act as a second firewall. And, if you have any sort of virus protection, that is another thing you need to worry about. As James suggested, take a look at portforward.com to learn how to forward your ports through your router/modem firewall - click on Guides at the top and then look in the Port Forwarding area.

If you need more help, just post here again.

Iknow
2007-11-07, 01:11 AM
I am using a Mac with a airport express (wireless) router that my moterola surfboard is plugged into. Which one do I need to confiq? I assume the airport express since thats what I have access to in system preferences...I'll start there....thanks!!!!!!!

Iknow
2007-11-07, 02:13 AM
Actually, HOW could it have anything to do with a firewall??? Just 5 minutes ago there were 9 seeders that I was connected to, and I was downloading this at 70kbs now I'm connected to 1 or 0, downloading at 0.5kbs.

The number of peers changes from 6 to 1 every 5 minutes!!!!!!!

U2Lynne
2007-11-07, 10:03 AM
You are definitely showing up as firewalled. All that means is that you cannot connect to other users who are firewalled. If you are on a torrent where no one is firewalled, then you will be just fine. However, if you are on a torrent where everyone is firewalled, none of you would be able to connect to each other and noone would be downloading or uploading to anyone else.