PDA

View Full Version : can't "Save" torrent file

willndmb
2007-11-05, 12:23 PM
i am not sure what to call this issue, so if its already posted please forgive me for a small search i did

NO torrent files will save or open for me
i click the torrent link and it opens the pop up box asking what i want to do
(in the past i always click OK to open in bit comet)
ok is not highlighted only cancel is
if i switch to save torrent (so i can manually open it) ok is still not a option i can click

any ideas?
running firefox latest version on a pc
thanks

EDIT - just found out that i can not save a torrent anywhere
this must have something to do with firefox updating this morning when i started it up

U2Lynne
2007-11-05, 12:41 PM
Click a couple times where the OK should be.

willndmb
2007-11-05, 12:46 PM
i got it working by right clicking and save target as so right now i am just going to let it go so i don't mess anything up :)
thanks

saltman
2007-11-05, 01:09 PM
Click a couple times where the OK should be.this works. I am so glad I learned that here. They need to fix Firefox. It's done this for a couple of versions now.

Patty Mac
2007-11-05, 02:18 PM
^ Yep, its done it to me as well. Although, when it wouldn't let me save the torrent file, I just navigated to another directory and it allowed me to download it.... :hmm:

U2Lynne
2007-11-05, 03:02 PM
Perhaps firefox is racist and doesn't like torrent files? :hmm:

saltman
2007-11-05, 03:16 PM
Perhaps firefox is racist and doesn't like torrent files? :hmm:naw it does it with all kinds of files. mpg, wmv, etc. at random times. I don't think it's a security thing. I'm thinking bug.

Patty Mac
2007-11-05, 04:37 PM
Ill report it to bugzilla and who knows? Maybe the staff will take a look at it *crosses fingers*

U2Lynne
2007-11-05, 05:32 PM
It's a bug that has existed for a long time. I can't remember if I've seen this happen on my kid's PCs or if it's only a Mac bug. :hmm:

willndmb
2007-11-05, 06:59 PM
i don't recall having the problem in the past on my mac or pc
but it works thanks