PDA

View Full Version : bad data from tracker??

Dylan
2007-10-31, 08:41 PM
The above is what my client says as I try and seed a show I just posted.

Tracker shows me as seeding

any ideas??

Dylan

U2Lynne
2007-10-31, 08:50 PM
Like the Bob Dylan show? It looks like things are fine - you are showing up as a seeder. And on the other show you are seeding, it is showing that you have uploaded some data. Perhaps it was just a one time thing?

Dylan
2007-10-31, 08:55 PM
I am currently connected to 3 torrents

1 i am leeching
1 i am seeding
1 I just uploaded and show as seeding with no peers

the one I just seeded is the one with the error

i rebooted the client and connected again still shows same error and only on the one I ijust uploaded

Dylan

Like the Bob Dylan show? It looks like things are fine - you are showing up as a seeder. And on the other show you are seeding, it is showing that you have uploaded some data. Perhaps it was just a one time thing?

Dylan
2007-10-31, 09:00 PM
i now have a leecher and although i show as seeding my client isnt connected and there is no activity

leecher is firewalled

Dylan

U2Lynne
2007-10-31, 09:04 PM
You need to give it a cycle in order to show if there is any download/upload activity. The clients only announce every announce interval and that is currently set to, I think, 2500 seconds? So, just give your client a little bit of time.

After the other person connected, did the error go away or is it still there? What about if you stop the torrent and then start it again?

Dylan
2007-10-31, 09:11 PM
when leecher connected error did not go away

I also shut off client and started again by redownloading the torrent again to no avail

I still have the error

D

U2Lynne
2007-10-31, 09:19 PM
Hmmmm, very strange cuz it is now showing you having uploaded some on the torrent. Do you get told anything else in the error except bad data from tracker? I know some clients like Azureus or uTorrent will give out an error that is specified in the announce script.

Dylan
2007-10-31, 09:27 PM
Error is now gone and I am seeding

Weird stuff

Thanks lynne as always

Dylan

U2Lynne
2007-10-31, 09:29 PM
Trackers. :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief