PDA

View Full Version : With some FLACs, editing metadata rewrites whole file

SilverVishnu
2007-10-23, 09:36 AM
On a few concerts I have rewriting the metadata for a song (using Winamp) takes a long time and actually rewrites the whole file. This happens every time I want to edit a piece of metadata in that particular file.

Solutions?

SilverVishnu
2007-10-23, 02:47 PM
22 views and no one's had a similar experience or is available to help?

U2Lynne
2007-10-23, 03:25 PM
I've never rewritten the metadata. But, have you tried doing it with another application like Traders' Little Helper or similar?

SilverVishnu
2007-10-23, 03:32 PM
I've never rewritten the metadata. But, have you tried doing it with another application like Traders' Little Helper or similar?
No, but I don't see how that would make a difference. It's only on certain files. I've also noticed that all the FLACs created by Audacity have this problem. I might try it on a different programme if no one has any answers, but only as a last resort.

... you've never rewritten the metadata? I'm curious as to how you keep your music library organised? I'm kind of a neat freak like that. :p

SilverVishnu
2007-10-23, 05:19 PM
Nevermind, found the solution (decode to WAV and re-encode into FLAC) with Frontend.

U2Lynne
2007-10-23, 05:57 PM
... you've never rewritten the metadata? I'm curious as to how you keep your music library organised? I'm kind of a neat freak like that. :p
I keep all the shows archived on DVDs and then I keep track of the DVDs using DiskTracker (mac application). I can search on file/folder names in there to look for shows. If I notice that the flac/shn file names are all by song title, then I do make sure the folder name and/or text files and/or ffp/md5/st5 file has the band name in it so I can still search for the band name.