PDA

View Full Version : No-go on electronic music?

Housetian2
2007-10-15, 10:05 PM
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but why do I not find electronic music on this site? Or live sets maybe of DJs? Judging by the presence of so many jam/rock bands, was it a conscious decision by the site admin, or collectively by the users? I am a fan of both, and just noticed.

There are many amazing things missed here, and wanted too!

rhinowing
2007-10-15, 10:39 PM
it just doesn't show up that often. I know that a Justice set was seeded earlier today though...

newtdecay
2007-10-16, 05:01 AM
many electronic sets i have come across are all uploaded somewhere online in mp3 format (which aren't, obviously, allowed on loseless trackers). i don't think many of the tapers of electronic artists take the same collecting measures as many of on sites like these, which is why you don't find alot floating around.

& are many dj sets allowed here? i ask, just so i know. i would go out & tape dj sets - but again, are they allowed here? alot of dj's i listen to sample alot of music from other artists, so, anyone?

god, i feel fat.

paddington
2007-10-16, 06:28 AM
I think it's because no one uploads any. No deeper reason than that.

Five
2007-10-16, 11:21 AM
& are many dj sets allowed here? i ask, just so i know. i would go out & tape dj sets - but again, are they allowed here? alot of dj's i listen to sample alot of music from other artists, so, anyone?
depends on the speed of the cuts... if the dj is just doing loose crossfades at the beginning and end of each song then no of course not. If he's putting stuff together that doesn't resemble the original songs so much then we can consider it.

scratchie
2007-10-16, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't most DJ sets include commercially-available recordings?

paddington
2007-10-16, 12:29 PM
usually.. though not many people here would be able to distinguish the true house / jungle stuff, I wouldn't think... I used to like to listen to BPM on XM before the quality went to shit, but I had no idea what I was listening to.. which was why I liked it...

anyway, like I said, I can't remember ever seeing one uploaded before.

AAR.oner
2007-10-16, 08:29 PM
i got a few back in the STG days, but TTD is more strict in regards to official release vinyl being played directly...so a DJ such as Shadow or Cut&Numark or Squarepusher, who are creating there own beats/music, are more acceptable here--as opposed to yer run-of-the-mill hip hop DJ mix of back to back official singles with just a little whiggidywhiggidy thrown in between

usually.. though not many people here would be able to distinguish the true house / jungle stuff, I wouldn't think...
:nono: :cool:

i'll seed some old ish here eventually...got access to some early jungle & some mid90s deep house sets, just gotta extract em all

possessed
2007-10-16, 08:36 PM
i'll seed some old ish here eventually...got access to some early jungle & some mid90s deep house sets, just gotta extract em all
Make with the beats Bea Otch. It would be nice to see some here. ;)

AAR.oner
2007-10-16, 08:46 PM
aight ya tosser, i'ma go smoke a cigarette first...then the breaks flood begins :rockin:

:D

rhinowing
2007-10-16, 09:32 PM
any and all material by The Orb would be MUCH appreciated

possessed
2007-10-16, 09:56 PM
aight ya tosser, i'ma go smoke a cigarette first...then the breaks flood begins :rockin:

:D
Better live up to your werd. Otherwise I'll make Heather strip you of your manliness. :D

AAR.oner
2007-10-17, 05:31 AM
Better live up to your werd. Otherwise I'll make Heather strip you of your manliness. :D
:lol

got sidetracked last night, but don't you worry...i'll get the first u/led tonight

Drewa311
2007-10-17, 12:29 PM
www.themixingbowl.org

www.deephousepage.com

www.thescenesaver.com

all good electronic music resources

i swear once the farina boards are back up, i wont have to come here everyday for my postwhore drama fix

Five
2007-10-17, 06:39 PM
any and all material by The Orb would be MUCH appreciated
:cool:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47246

AAR.oner
2007-11-11, 04:07 AM

having a hard time findin DJ ish that adheres to our policies here at TTD, but sent a bunch f samples to Five and think we've finally got a few lined up that'll meet our lofty standards here :D

first up (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48633)

games
2007-11-29, 08:21 PM
Isn't live electronic music a oxymoron?

or electronic music for that matter?