PDA

View Full Version : Help, I can't seed!

neustadt
2007-10-11, 05:21 PM
I tried to put an Ultravox-Torrent on the tracker but it is my first torrent and I did everything as it was described on your upload page! When it was uploaded I downloaded it on my µ-torrent client but nothing happened, Igot three peers but can't seed! It's a shame, what was my mistake????? neustadt (very frustrated)

U2Lynne
2007-10-11, 05:40 PM
neustadt, take a look at this: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_wrong_folder It's for Azureus, but uTorrent is very similar.

saltman
2007-10-11, 06:44 PM
did you download the torrent from the thread you created? you can't use the one you made. We have a passkey system that individualizes the torrents.

neustadt
2007-10-12, 03:04 AM
Thanx very much, I think I get what was wrong. I have one more question: After I pull the button Submit new thread whats next? I download the personalized torrent and then I have to start it on my client as a torrent which I want to seed? I read your seeding guide but i'm not shure about the steps after I uploaded the torrent on your site! What have I to do at my client? Thanx Neustadt (learning much by doing wrong at the moment!

dcbullet
2007-10-12, 09:17 AM
Thanx very much, I think I get what was wrong. I have one more question: After I pull the button Submit new thread whats next? I download the personalized torrent and then I have to start it on my client as a torrent which I want to seed? I read your seeding guide but i'm not shure about the steps after I uploaded the torrent on your site! What have I to do at my client? Thanx Neustadt (learning much by doing wrong at the moment!

When you double click on the personalized torrent file that you DL from TTD, it will launch your client. Your client should ask you where you want to save the files. You should save them in the same place as the files you used to create the torrent are. Your client will then check the files to make sure they are the same and you will begin seeding.

If your client isn't doing any of those steps, let us know which client and where you are getting hung up.