PDA

View Full Version : will this mic be ok for stand up

PEPPER
2007-10-11, 01:14 PM
Im going to be taping a stand up comedian tomorrow evening,and wanted to use this mic.As its not music,the sound isnt so important as long as it can be heard really.Ive had this mic for a couple of years or more and dont really use it,but as its very descrete i thought id use it if itll be good enough.It comes with a small battery box which takes one aa size battery,ive never used the box before so this will be a first.I used the mic before to tape a rock band plugging it into the mic in and although it was distorted it wasnt unlistenable,so im hoping simple speech wont be a problem,especially if i use the bb and go line in.Here is a link to the mic.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/498

Five
2007-10-11, 01:28 PM
Frequency response: 20 - 10,000 Hz
yikes

should be 'okay'... bring the best you've got, that's all you can do

paddington
2007-10-11, 01:32 PM
just FYI - that's roughly the response of US AM radio due to the NRSC filtering applied (it uses a brick-wall 10k filter and pre-emphasis to compensate for having to stay inside the channel). For spoken word, it sould be just fine, though the applause may sound a bit more dull than it should.

Good luck!

PEPPER
2007-10-11, 01:40 PM
Just want something thatll record the sound clear enough.i have other mics i use for concerts but thought id try this for tomorrow,i realise it not going to be amazing but it was only a very cheap mic..........my very first i think.

greenheatherc
2007-10-11, 08:27 PM
fwiw, the typical frequency range for the human voice will fall well blow 4kHz...not to say that the frequencies above 4 kHz don't play a part in making a voice recording sound more natural...but for yer purposes, as Five said, it should be okay