PDA

View Full Version : dvd burning/ dvd playing

mike mcauliffe
2007-10-10, 04:18 PM
ive downloaded many torrents and burned them and able to watch on computer but i cant watch on dvd player, im not computer savvy, ok im an idiiot. how can i watch on dvd player, do i need to download software, different dvd-r or what ? dvd says playback may not be avalible with disc.
alright computer smartys what am i doing wrong? any info would help.

thanks mike

U2Lynne
2007-10-10, 04:37 PM
What burning software are you currently using to burn the DVDs and what method to burn them?

mike mcauliffe
2007-10-10, 04:41 PM
windows media center and player, thanks for helping? is that enough info

saltman
2007-10-10, 05:04 PM
I don't think windows comes with burning software for DVDs. It does for CDs but not DVDs. (I could be wrong.) You will need a program such as Ahead Nero, Prassi ONES, etc. to burn with. They typically come with your burner. You may have Roxio if it is a Dell, etc. If you don't have one Nero and ONES are around 25-30 bucks I think. It's been a while since I bought my copy of ONES.

You will take the files you get here, use the burning software to burn them onto a DVD either dvd-r or dvd+r which are single layer(4.7GB) or dual layer discs(8.5GB) depending on the length of the files. The need for dual layer media is noted with each torrent here if it is required. Then that DVD will play in your standard home player.