PDA

View Full Version : Question about band restrictions

sihinka
2007-10-06, 02:36 PM
Why would it be OK for a band's shows to be uploaded on one live torrent site and not on another? I ask this because Steely Dan/Donald Fagen shows are allowed here but not at dimeadozen.

rhinowing
2007-10-06, 02:51 PM
because dime has extremely strict rules

sihinka
2007-10-06, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but Dylan isn't allowed on etree but is OK here and on dimeadozen. I'm just wondering, other than ignorance of said sites, why a band and/or management would decide to deny seeding on one site but allow it on another.

U2Lynne
2007-10-06, 04:18 PM
We have some bands listed on our Band Restriction list that other sites do not have listed because the band contacted us and asked us to pull a show and then add the band to our list. Same thing for why other sites have bands on their list that we don't have on our list.

rhinowing
2007-10-08, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but Dylan isn't allowed on etree but is OK here and on dimeadozen. I'm just wondering, other than ignorance of said sites, why a band and/or management would decide to deny seeding on one site but allow it on another.
because etree is BT-friendly bands only

jabulon
2010-05-22, 08:56 AM
Hi folks, I don't want to drop a brick here but I have some questions about the band restriction policy and its implementation. I saw here (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82285) that this torrent was pulled because of this policy and quite rightly I must say (if you set up rules you should apply them or else you shouldn't make them at all). I know that everybody who wants to upload a torrent on this site is expected and supposed to read and apply to the TTD rules. But about a week ago I was able to download this (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16476) nice show with the same artist, but this one isn't pulled. At first I thought it must be okay because the original uploader is a mod here (and they are the ones who implement the rules here), but after reading about the banishment of the audio torrent I am confused. After a quick forum search I even found 4 pages with references to this artist (yes I know not all are active).

Any way here are my questions. Do you expect or assume that every uploader reads and applies to this policy and that is it, and then may be wait for a TTD member to report the torrent? I realize that running a site like this costs a lot of time and energy, but do you occasionally run a quick search like I did? Or is the band restiction policy flexable? I mean are there any circumstances that these rules don't apply?

Last but not least
a big thanks to all the people who make this site possible and have a nice weekend.:thumbsup

rspencer
2010-05-22, 11:58 AM
There are various reasons a show might be pulled. It's not always a band restriction, it could just be certain shows by the band, or venues, etc.

Scofield's a nightmare. Depends on which band it is, whether he's a guest, etc.

jabulon
2010-05-23, 04:44 AM
Scofield's a nightmare....
yes but a great guitar player. Oh and thanks for your reply!

showtaper
2010-11-25, 10:54 AM

Dylan just got added to the NAB list at Dime. How long before it happens here??

Dime was given some lame excuse about Dylan's website offering live shows
in the future........

rspencer
2010-11-25, 08:07 PM
We'll let 'em run until we hear. You never know. Some bands are on NAB lists at one site but not the others.