PDA

View Full Version : Need help (please)(a program to record shows on cd

wolfpods
2007-10-03, 11:09 AM
:wave:
I have windows vista. To begin, I need to know the better (or should I say anyone's that will do the job) program (s) to download in order to be able to record different shows. Are there any free ones out there I could use. It was suggested to me Jet audio or dmp poweramp w/ plugins to convert flac to wave but it looked real pricey when I visited the site. Is there a Flac program?
Often I see shows recorded w/ FLAC ??Just need something up there thats compatible to do the job. Later Ill worry about downloading my shows for others-w/ Torrent program. Any help greatly appreciated....thanks !! Rick

GRC
2007-10-03, 11:19 AM
:wave:
I have windows vista. To begin, I need to know the better program (s) to download in order to be able to record different shows. Are there any free ones out there I could use.

There's plenty out there; Audacity seems to get the vote mostly as a recorder which will happily take an audio feed; what's the source of your 'different shows'? Are you recording from cassette, reel-to-reel, some kind of audio playback device, or recording radio broadcasts.....?

Regards, Graham

Five
2007-10-03, 11:56 AM
TLH will do the stuff you wanted to do with dbpoweramp and more
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3904

for extracting and burning cds/cdrs you will want to use EAC in secure mode:
exactaudiocopy.de

for recording straight into your computer the best free prog (as mentioned by GRC) is Audacity
audacity.sourceforge.net

depending on what your soundcard is, you might want to upgrade to something like M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (about $120)

check the FAQ link at the top of the page for lots of useful links and information about getting started with bittorrent. if you have any questions just post them here and we will help you out.

welcome to TTD :wave: