PDA

View Full Version : What is the main class??/

Swifty
2005-03-07, 03:33 PM
and why can't I access it? this box keeps popping up when I click on the file attachment. Sorry, i'm new to this!

uhclem
2005-03-07, 07:10 PM
Best first post I've seen in a while :clap:

U2Lynne
2005-03-07, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I suppose. I would answer but I'm really clueless here.

Swifty, you are clicking on the attachment and a box is showing up? What browser are you using? Are you trying to save the attachment to your hard drive or are you just clicking on it? Also, do you have a bittorrent program installed to handle the torrent attachments?

TheMamba
2005-03-07, 07:35 PM
:hmm:

Swifty
2005-03-07, 09:14 PM
I am trying to get the moe. benefit dvd.
When I try click on the Attached files benefitdvd.torrent and try to save it a box comes up. This box is titled "java virtual machine launcher" and it says "could not find main class. program will exit."
I am using Azureus. Please help! Thanks

Five
2005-03-07, 09:38 PM
hmm... try uninstalling and reinstalling Java (?)

hope this helps

U2Lynne
2005-03-07, 09:55 PM
It doesn't sound like you installed Azureus correctly. Have you ever used it to download a torrent before? Can you open up Azureus and drag the torrent into the window to start it?

Swifty
2005-03-07, 10:05 PM
I think it may have been a problem with azureus. Evey time I opened it, it would walk me through the installation each time. I downloaded bit torrent 4.0.0 and it seems to be working. Is 3KB/s a normal speed? Should it take 17 days ? or am I still doing something wrong? Thanks for all the help!

U2Lynne
2005-03-07, 10:24 PM
Your download rate depends on so many things - number of seeds, how much they are uploading, number of leechers, how much they are sharing, your ISP, whether you have forwarded your ports, whether they have forwarded their ports, whether you are downloading other shows at the same time, etc. I can't tell you if that is a good speed for that show.

I would strongly recommend: making this the only torrent you are downloading, making sure your ports are forwarded (you aren't firewalled), and making sure you have your upload capped at about 85% or the max when you aren't surfing the web and you are downloading (not just seeding).

Try that and see how things go.

RainDawg
2005-03-08, 07:14 AM
You were unable to load Azureus because you didn't properly install the Java Runtime Environment on your machine. You must have unchcecked the option install the runtime during the Azureus install.

Swifty
2005-03-08, 11:15 AM
Thanks all!

RainDawg
2005-03-08, 11:21 AM
Does it work now?

Swifty
2005-03-09, 08:55 PM
I've got bit torrent 4.0.0 set up but my dload speed is only 7-8 kb/s and my uload speed is only 1 kb/s. does this mean that I'm behind a firewall? Would I get the dload to work at all if I was behind a firewall? Everyone's help has been greatly appreciated.

Swifty
2005-03-09, 09:32 PM
there are 3 seeds and 10 leeches for this show if that helps.

U2Lynne
2005-03-09, 10:36 PM
I've got bit torrent 4.0.0 set up but my dload speed is only 7-8 kb/s and my uload speed is only 1 kb/s. does this mean that I'm behind a firewall? Would I get the dload to work at all if I was behind a firewall? Everyone's help has been greatly appreciated.
Sure you can get download/upload speeds behind a firewall. They just won't be as fast.

You need to look into forwarding your ports (look at my sig and the Other Links under the Quick Links drop down menu above) and then you will get better speeds.