PDA

View Full Version : Ripping DVD's

MaidenScotland
2007-09-17, 04:18 AM
Just a quick question:

What is the best software to rip video from DVD's without losing the quality? I know a lot of people insert the DVD into their computers and just drag the VIDEO_TS folder onto their HDD but I would like to rip the DVD into the one video file. What is the best software to do that?

Cheers!

DanielG
2007-09-17, 07:28 PM
... I would like to rip the DVD into the one video file. What is the best software to do that?

I use DVD Decrypter: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

You can use this program to rip the video into 1 file by messing around with the options... I don't have it installed on PC I'm using right now but it's not that hard to figure out.

DanielG
2007-09-17, 07:43 PM
Sorry for the double post... the Editing time expired.

Use 'IFO' Mode (press the I key) - Then go into the Settings (Tools --> Settings --> IFO Mode) and set 'File Splitting' to None

Hope this helps :)

AAR.oner
2007-09-18, 05:59 AM
Just a quick question:

What is the best software to rip video from DVD's without losing the quality? I know a lot of people insert the DVD into their computers and just drag the VIDEO_TS folder onto their HDD but I would like to rip the DVD into the one video file. What is the best software to do that?

Cheers!
are you trying to extract the video/audio to re-author, or do you just want a single file?

if yer gonna be using the files for another video project or to re-author the DVD, you'll actually want to demux the vob files which'll give ya something to work with in yer NLE/authoring programs