PDA

View Full Version : dvd burning questions

xanadux3
2007-09-10, 07:21 PM
I have recently downloaded some shows here and am having trouble burning them to dvd. I am using SONY DVD+R and using roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6
Ive been dragging the video_TS folder into creator classic window and clicking burn, I make sure the disc is finalized but these discs will not play in my dvd player. When I put the discs into my computer they will play on my dvd software but I dont get why they wont play in my dvd player. Is there a better program that is more compatible for burning the files downloaded from this sight? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

diggrd
2007-09-10, 10:11 PM
When I used Roxio I always had to use DiscCopier to burn the DVDs properly
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/diggrd/stg/emc8.jpg
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=310871&postcount=4

xanadux3
2007-09-10, 10:22 PM
is there a better burning program to use? I dont even mind buying one if its easier, I have so many dvds I want to watch on my tv not cooped up in front of my computer

E_rock
2007-09-10, 10:31 PM
You should see if your DVD player can handle +R disks. Should give you a run down of all media in the user manual. A lot of older, (3-5 yrs), players don't do +R. Try -R's. Some high end Players don't like burnt media at all. Toshiba is one. My mom's won't play anything burnt. Get a cheap Phillips and you're good to go.

xanadux3
2007-09-10, 10:57 PM
well I know its not the discs bc I have some burned ones that work fine unfortunatly I wasnt the one who did the burning....thanks for all the input, any suggestions for a program that works? nero? maybe a more recent edition of roxio?

Five
2007-09-10, 11:08 PM
burn in data mode

make sure there is an empty AUDIO_TS folder, the VIDEO_TS folder and if you want an EXTRAS_TS folder holding the txt file and stuff. name it in caps with no weird characters like %$@ or something. Use underscores instead of spaces.

at least that's what works for me using Nero...

AAR.oner
2007-09-11, 05:08 AM
is there a better burning program to use? I dont even mind buying one if its easier, I have so many dvds I want to watch on my tv not cooped up in front of my computer
for the PC, i like ONES (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/prassi_ones.cfm) the best...before that i used Nero Burning ROM

Entangled.State.42
2007-09-11, 05:23 AM
is there a better burning program to use? I dont even mind buying one if its easier, I have so many dvds I want to watch on my tv not cooped up in front of my computerI presonally recommend Ahead's Nero.

Johnny Thunder
2007-09-11, 07:14 AM
You also may want to see if your disks will play in another set-top DVD player. Additionaly, many DVD writers are capable of, "Bitsetting." This means changing the bit that identifies the disk as +R so that the disk will be recognised as DVD-ROM. As someone else stated, trying -R media may also be a good option. First thing's first though. Find out if it's just YOUR DVD player that doesn't like the disks, or ALL DVD players. If all DVD players refuse to play your disks, then it's the way you're burning them that's the problem.

JT

Festafarian
2007-09-11, 07:56 AM
for the PC, i like ONES (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/prassi_ones.cfm) the best...before that i used Nero Burning ROM

^^^what he said

I used to have issues with compatibility. I didn't have too many problems with my dvd player, but when I made dvds for others, they couldn't always play them. ONES fixed all that.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but, could it be that the video is PAL?

Homebrew101
2007-09-11, 12:03 PM
Perhaps you are burning PAL discs and your player is NTSC only. That could explain why they play on your PC.

xanadux3
2007-09-11, 02:46 PM
I burned a show using ONES with the same sony dvd+r and it works even in my playstation 2 so I know it will work in everything. THanks for all the help!

shpxjvg
2007-09-11, 05:00 PM
I prefer IMGTools and DVDDecrypter.

RaDioAcTivE
2007-09-15, 12:00 AM
I'm new to this site and forums but I'll offer my humble opinion for this one.

Check out VSO's ConvertXtoDVD. The entire setup is 26mgs and it not only converts files such as AVI to DVD; Mpeg, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, VOB, WMV, DV and stream formats to DVD.

It also works as a great trouble free burner that's simple to use and takes very little system resources to do so. I have the latest Nero, Sonic DVD and several other sort of big boy programs and I find myself using convertx most of the time. The best part is that it's free to try but you have to purchase it to remove the watermark from your videos.

I also like DVDsanta.

I'm a noob here but I've already hit 50gbs and have gotten very little sleep in the last week.