PDA

View Full Version : Help with new speakers; Logitech x530, centre speaker doesn't work

Skippy35
2007-09-10, 03:06 PM
Hello fellow traders,

Recently I invested in a better set of speakers for my music and video entertainment. However, there seems to be a problem.

The centre speaker does not work. Only when I plug it into a different slot (e.g as the right speaker) it works. But then that's not how I want it! I bought a 5.1 set of speakers to listen to all of them, not 4.1 of them! I am annoyed because I cannot fix it. I wondered if anybody here has the technical knowledge. Also, these are the multimedia devices on my computer if it helps (from Belaric Advisor):

Multimedia:
Creative Game Port
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Thank for your help in advance, I look forward to listening to music the way it should be listened to... with better speakers,
Skippy35

saltman
2007-09-10, 04:18 PM
start > control panel > sounds and audio devices

click on the advanced button.

change to 5.1 under speaker setup options. (or whatever option fits your setup)

Skippy35
2007-09-10, 05:12 PM
I've tried that but that didn't work either, I just can't seem to fathom what's wrong. After looking on the internet i have seen that you can get different software for setting up speakers and such, is that right? If so, what is my best option?

Virgil Caine
2007-09-10, 06:55 PM
Your first problem is that you bought logitech speakers. :nono:

artood2
2007-09-10, 07:15 PM
the creative software should have a set up wizard try running that it will have a test section....
is the audio program , game , dvd etc 5.1 compatible?
also are you sure the sound card itself supports 5.1?
simply connecting all the speakers working or not does not 5.1 make.

Skippy35
2007-09-11, 01:25 AM
to artood2:

I've used the test wizard which sends a noise through all of the working speakers, the centre one didn't make a noise. I have changed all of the settings in the control panel and the creative software to allow for 5.1 and the sound card is more than capeable of handling 5.1. I have also tried playing stuff made specifically in 5.1 e.g DVD's. Still it's not working. I've also updated all of my drives and the newer creative one didn't help; in fact it just slowed down my computer an awful lot and did nothing useful.

To Virgil Caine: there's no point whingeing about makes of speaker, it makes no difference. All they do, in the end, is vibrate. Also I have a really good set of speakers attached to a stero already and so having better speakers for my computer is just a nolvelty.