PDA

View Full Version : 3 DVDs Preparing To Seed, Checking For Other Sources & Questions

krokodyle
2007-09-08, 04:19 PM
Hello!

After procrastinating for ages, I've finally transferred three shows on VHS to DVD:

GWAR - City Gardens, NJ 6/88 (audience video, soundboard audio)
Concrete Blonde - Academy, NYC 9/92 (audience video & audio)
Tom Waits - Shoreline Amphitheater, CA 10/99 (multi-camera video, soundboard audio)

I was checking to see if the Tom Waits was ever officially released (it's from the Bridge Benefit concert), and if anyone had copies of these so I can compare my version to yours. I don't want to seed an inferior version. I've searched here and on Dime, and haven't found any instances of them. I've also done some websearches and haven't seen them either, but I wanted to be sure.

These aren't going to be fancy DVDs, just a simple Start menu, and generic chapter stops, but I figure any DVD of these shows is better than no DVDs at all, right?

(I'm reading over the FAQ to make sure I have all the required info and such, and Five has been gracious enough to help me out.)

P.S. Is AC3 audio (256kbps) acceptable?

swordfish
2007-09-09, 04:05 AM
Hi...,
on that the was a Bridge School DVD available about a year ago.

a so called fogontheye production.

taken from the satellite feed .....stellar better as evrything else that is floating around.

Just to let you know,

swordfish

U2Lynne
2007-09-09, 08:58 AM
AC3 audio is acceptable. Of course, LPCM is preferred, but sometimes it makes more sense to use AC3 to make the show fit on one disc (although more and more people are getting burners that will burn a dual layer disc so that reason isn't used that often any longer).

krokodyle
2007-09-10, 08:42 AM
Hi...,
on that the was a Bridge School DVD available about a year ago.

a so called fogontheye production.

taken from the satellite feed .....stellar better as evrything else that is floating around.

Just to let you know,

swordfish

Was it posted here? Do you have a link? I've done some searching and haven't found a listing, only people looking for it.

swordfish
2007-09-10, 12:54 PM
It was posted on Dime by fogontheeye about early last year or late 2005.

Cheers, swordfish

krokodyle
2007-09-10, 03:30 PM
Hi, thanks, looks like the correct spelling is "FogOnTheTyne"...I found a website that lists it. I'll search for and look at the dime listing and see if it's complete (I would imagine it is).

BlueNote
2008-09-03, 06:02 AM
hi, a friend of mine is looking for live videos of the band Concrete Blonde
It would be great if you could share :-)