PDA

View Full Version : Best DVD-Authoring Software?

invisigoth
2007-08-31, 05:50 PM
I am looking to purchase some DVD-Authoring software in order to re-mix some live recordings.
Can anyone advise a good application to use?

diggrd
2007-08-31, 07:15 PM
what type computer do you have mac or pc? what type of files are your sources? how much do you want to spend? menus? effects? extras?

invisigoth
2007-09-01, 08:16 PM
what type computer do you have mac or pc? what type of files are your sources? how much do you want to spend? menus? effects? extras?

OK, all I really want to do is remix 2-channel PCM recordings into 5.1.
Audio only, no video, menu or effects. On a PC in Windows. Whatever is the cheapest method of achieving this.
Thanks for any advice.

pawel
2007-09-02, 03:12 AM
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=83752

COLOGNESHARK
2007-09-02, 05:56 AM
OK, all I really want to do is remix 2-channel PCM recordings into 5.1.
Audio only, no video, menu or effects. On a PC in Windows. Whatever is the cheapest method of achieving this.
Thanks for any advice.
2 Channel im 5.1 :lol
it makes no sense.
2 Channel is Stereo (sometimes Mono) and not more

Syco54645
2007-09-03, 12:43 AM
dvdlab pro is the best that i have ever encountered.

pawel
2007-09-03, 03:52 AM
dvdlab pro is the best that i have ever encountered.

For Windoze still the best (and simple) is DVD Maestro. Although you can find only a warez copy as the company no longer exists - it was devoured by Sonic. Like DLP it doesn't re-encodes video & audio stream, but unlike DLP it renders menus in perfect quality. Motion menus in DLP are simply crap.

My2c

Syco54645
2007-09-03, 09:53 AM
For Windoze still the best (and simple) is DVD Maestro. Although you can find only a warez copy as the company no longer exists - it was devoured by Sonic. Like DLP it doesn't re-encodes video & audio stream, but unlike DLP it renders menus in perfect quality. Motion menus in DLP are simply crap.

My2c

I dunno, dlp2 i think is pretty good.

pawel
2007-09-03, 03:20 PM
I dunno, dlp2 i think is pretty good.

OK then place a text or a graphic chapter link over a video background. I can't believe that such crap can be produced by soft priced at $300 and named "PRO". Links are bit jaggy even on static menus if compared to these rendered by Maestro or TDA.

Syco54645
2007-09-03, 05:02 PM
OK then place a text or a graphic chapter link over a video background. I can't believe that such crap can be produced by soft priced at $300 and named "PRO". Links are bit jaggy even on static menus if compared to these rendered by Maestro or TDA.

i was not trying to start a fight. dvdlab is by far the easiest (and has a good set of features) and does not reencode the video like dvd architect does. i always use dvdlab pro for when i do dvds. it is only a menu, so who cares? i hate making menus. nowhere does it say that he wants to make hollywood quality menus. what this person wants is not really a dvd authoring program but rather a video editor. vegas does the job rather nicely but will inflate the video for no reason.

pawel
2007-09-04, 03:08 AM
i was not trying to start a fight.

Fight? It's not on my list ;) My intention was to point out a weak point of DLP before somebody wants to buy it.

I also author in DLP as for some menus or coding it's great.

Syco54645
2007-09-04, 05:16 AM
Fight? It's not on my list ;) My intention was to point out a weak point of DLP before somebody wants to buy it.

I also author in DLP as for some menus or coding it's great.

well they do get a free trial of like a month

AAR.oner
2007-09-04, 06:16 AM
to create a true 5.1 audio option, you would need to record the actual event using either a surround mic or an array of mics configured for 5.1 mixing...taking a 2-channel recording and copying them to 2 rear channels isn't "surround" -- kinda pointless honestly

also, a DVD authoring program is for authoring DVDs, and in no way deals with mixing audio or video for that matter...to create 5.1 mixes, you'll need a multitrack audio proggy that is capable of mixing in 5.1...i believe Cakewalk/Sonar can, and i'm sure there's others [i don't know much about the current products available on the PC-platform]

once properly mixed/mastered in 5.1, you can then import the final audio _ video into yer authoring prog and begin building menus...as for other high-quality authoring progs that are currently being developed/supported, you can look also into Sony's Vegas+DVD production suite or Adobe Encore