PDA

View Full Version : please help

ethan420
2007-08-24, 05:52 PM
Can somebody please tell me why this is happening?

Go to http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41539 and click on "Last Few Who Completed" then click on "Full List Here". My name shows up in there about 7,000 times. Does anybody know why, and how I can stop it? Thanks

U2Lynne
2007-08-24, 06:01 PM
You are probably using a bittorrent client that does not conform to the bittorrent specs that were originally written regarding torrent clients. It probably announces more often than necessary and/or doesn't give all the information the tracker is expecting so it thinks you are a 'new' user everytime.

What client are you using? What OS? Azureus and uTorrent are both recommend since they work well with just about any tracker.

edit: oh wow, you aren't kidding! Could you have given out your personalized torrent? You are currently listed on that torrent under three different IPs (but all under an 'unspecified' client, which makes me think it is you but that something is wonky).

ethan420
2007-08-24, 06:10 PM
i am using uTorrent 1.6. I was told that 1.7 sends private information to other people, im not sure if that is true or not so i am sticking with 1.6. My OS is XP pro. I have also been having trouble forwarding my ports. I used the guides step-by-step, and i still cant get it.

U2Lynne
2007-08-24, 06:12 PM
It looks like it is changing your port every time, so you should set it to not do that which will also make it MUCH easier to forward your ports! You need to know what your port is in order to forward it. Also, as I said, your IP is changing all the time. Why is that?

ethan420
2007-08-24, 06:28 PM
i think its my IP that is making it do that. the port number is always the same

U2Lynne
2007-08-24, 06:48 PM
No, your port number is definitely not always the same.

bullpinjohn
2007-08-24, 08:22 PM
He's on random port, UTorrent gives you the choice of random port or a specific port. In UTorrent click options,
then perferences, then connection, you'll see it in the upper right corner. Hope this helps.