PDA

View Full Version : The Green Aesthetic

LeonJackson
2007-08-21, 05:27 PM
I am hugely and endlessly grateful for everything that the admins do to maintain and improve this site, and I hope this won't sound like a petty or negative criticism, but I really don't like the new feature that shows the name of the original poster of a torrent in green. Because green (for me at least) is a more eye-catching color than the blue in which the torrent info is presented, it makes it harder to just visually scan the list of recent torrents. All I see is a list of usernames. It's nice to give torrent uploaders props of course ~ I'm completely down for that ~ but can they be listed in black, as they are on the main torrent list, rather than in that busy, distracting green color? Thanks for considering my suggestion and please know how much I appreciate everything y'all do to make this site a pleasure to visit. Peace, Leon :)

Trader Dave
2007-08-22, 02:49 PM
I am hugely and endlessly grateful for everything that the admins do to maintain and improve this site, and I hope this won't sound like a petty or negative criticism, but I really don't like the new feature that shows the name of the original poster of a torrent in green. Because green (for me at least) is a more eye-catching color than the blue in which the torrent info is presented, it makes it harder to just visually scan the list of recent torrents. All I see is a list of usernames. It's nice to give torrent uploaders props of course ~ I'm completely down for that ~ but can they be listed in black, as they are on the main torrent list, rather than in that busy, distracting green color? Thanks for considering my suggestion and please know how much I appreciate everything y'all do to make this site a pleasure to visit. Peace, Leon :)
I have no idea what you are talking about. :hmm:

dementrium
2007-08-22, 02:52 PM
HE'S TALKNG ABOUT THE BOTTOM OF THE INDEX PAGE WHERE CERTAIN LAST TORRENTS ARE LISTED. BTW, I NEVER CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE INDEX PAGE. THINK IT'S BETTER TO GOR DIRECTLY TO EITHER THE AUDIO TORRENTS INDEX PAGE AND/OR VIDEO TORRENTS INDEX PAGE.

Trader Dave
2007-08-22, 02:53 PM
HE'S TALKNG ABOUT THE BOTTOM OF THE INDEX PAGE WHERE CERTAIN LAST TORRENTS ARE LISTED. BTW, I NEVER CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE INDEX PAGE. THINK IT'S BETTER TO GOR DIRECTLY TO EITHER THE AUDIO TORRENTS INDEX PAGE AND/OR VIDEO TORRENTS INDEX PAGE.
Oh okay. I never look at that page either.

if you look at the torrent forum you'll see it wont be the case.

dementrium
2007-08-22, 02:57 PM
WELL, I DID SOME GAMMA CORRECTION ON THE VIDEO CARD PROPERTIES AND THE SEEDER NAMES ARE NO LONGER "GREEN".

Trader Dave
2007-08-22, 02:58 PM
WELL, I DID SOME GAMMA CORRECTION ON THE VIDEO CARD PROPERTIES AND THE SEEDER NAMES ARE NO LONGER "GREEN".
yeah but it looks like it made you type in all caps.

U2Lynne
2007-08-22, 03:02 PM
Hey guys, did this thread get moved to The Lounge or something? Back to The Lounge for you! :whip:

Leon, the names have been in green on there for ages. Is it something you just noticed? They have also been there on the main torrent list in green for a long time. :hmm:

Trader Dave
2007-08-22, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, did this thread get moved to The Lounge or something?

Lynne - your sig kinda makes feel a little sick.

LeonJackson
2007-08-22, 04:38 PM
Hey Lynne: PM sent. Thanks! Leon :)