PDA

View Full Version : sublime behind the music

rhinowing
2007-08-18, 05:56 PM
Since the thread has been locked for some reason...
I just want to point out that the vhs tape could have been captured to uncompressed avi.

rhinowing
2007-08-18, 05:57 PM
i'm also curious as to why pulled torrents are locked for discussion. it seems like all that does is discourage the seeder from getting help to fix the issue.

Trader Dave
2007-08-19, 03:08 PM
i'm also curious as to why pulled torrents are locked for discussion. it seems like all that does is discourage the seeder from getting help to fix the issue.
Good point. maybe the mods have a pm conversation with them.. I don't know. :hmm:

Five
2007-08-20, 09:30 AM
yes, often there's a pm conversation

the locking of the threads which are associated with shows that are no longer on the tracker is something that we did at STG that we never changed when TTD started. I expect that the locking of those threads is to avoid endless n00b posts asking "how do I download this it wont work" etc.

perhaps somebody can help out B F via pm (and/or in this thread) to a) determine that the capture is up to par for this site and b) get checksums, stats, etc in there.

U2Lynne
2007-08-20, 11:39 AM
Many times, after a show is pulled, the mod PMs the seeder to explain why and let them know what has to be done to 'fix' the issue. If this has been an issue before with a particular seeder, then usually a final post in the thread is sufficient.

As for why the forum is locked to future posts, that is because we have found that some people 'search' the site, find what looks like a show/torrent, and then post in the thread "where is the torrent? I can't figure out how to do this?" So, locking the thread (actually, locking the forum) stops that from happening.