PDA

View Full Version : Extracting 'Compressed audio SHT (shorten) file to CD?

dannyuk32
2007-08-15, 02:19 PM
Hi guys,
I've just downloaded the below torrent\music boot file. The files \ tracks apperar to be 'Compressed Audio STN Shorten files? I've never heard of these and always just seen FLAC files which I burn using software called Burrrn .
Just wondered how you guys burn these files\ boots to CD?
Thanks, Danny.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33601&highlight=who+mars

Homebrew101
2007-08-15, 03:49 PM
I use Trader's Little Helper to decode SHN files. You won't need to do anything with the SKT files from that torrent. You should be able to download it here:
http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/

maidencolorado
2007-08-15, 03:49 PM
They are known as SHN files. Burrrn should be able to handle them no problem

dannyuk32
2007-08-15, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys. Maiden have you ever burned these files using Burrrn? When I drag the files all the tracks read 59 secs. I then goto burn it and it gives me an error halfway through yet 5 tracks do actually play in the CD player and it crashes after 5. Very strange. :lol
Just burnt the CD using Nero and all is well but would rather not use nero.
Homebrew I will try that program .
Thanks.

rhinowing
2007-08-15, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys. Maiden have you ever burned these files using Burrrn? When I drag the files all the tracks read 59 secs. I then goto burn it and it gives me an error halfway through yet 5 tracks do actually play in the CD player and it crashes after 5. Very strange. :lol
Homebrew I will try that program .
Thanks.
try burning with EAC

dorrcoq
2007-08-16, 01:53 PM
Why would you rather not use Nero, when it works? :disbelief

paddington
2007-08-16, 01:58 PM

:hmm:

dannyuk32
2007-08-17, 04:54 AM
Was thinking it might not burn as good a quality as a more 'dedicated' program? Guess I'm barking up the wrong tree? :hmm:

AAR.oner
2007-08-17, 05:38 AM
when i used a PC, i burned with Nero for years...never had a problem [i've heard bad things about the recent editions - v.7 i believe]

but if ya want the king of windoze burning progs, ONES is the spot - great prog! :thumbsup