PDA

View Full Version : Bit Torrent - Downloaded File Issues

gmule69
2007-07-30, 05:28 PM
I have an older version of Bit at work that works just fine. At home I downloaded a newer version and it is giving me all kinds of issues. File sizes are huge - over 2-3gigs but when I play the VOB files n Nero showtime they seem fine. Whole DVD should be 4 gigs or so and mne add up to over 7gigs. One show appeared fine but when I go to burn it (James Brown and others) it says the files have changed their order or something. They store in a temporary directory and then when it is complete they move over to the properly named directory. The Ramones DVD came through fine but now everything else is a mess. I have over 50 gigs downloaded which appear to be useless.

direwolf-pgh
2007-07-30, 05:54 PM
change your torrent client - no one else is having this unique issue.

a screenshot of one of these weird directories would be interesting.

saltman
2007-07-30, 06:02 PM
it could be possible that you are downloading dual layer DVDs and not knowing??? maybe. They are 8.4 GB or so per DVD.

gmule69
2007-07-31, 04:22 AM
Unfortunately i just uninstalled Bit Torrent because it is giving me so many issues on my home computer and i deleted all of the downloads. They definitely were not dual layer - I checked that. One example was a Govt mule from 1996 - Brazil I think. The traders den post said the files should add up to 1.5 gigs or so - a 40min show. Well mine had a few Vob files - one was 2.2gig and another was 3.1 gigs. they would play in show time when I clicked on them. Can anyone suggest where I should download another copy of bit torrent? I was using 5.0.8

direwolf-pgh
2007-07-31, 07:27 AM
perhaps you were saving multiple shows in one folder :hmm:

I'd really like to see a 'print screen' of your issue
Shift + PrtScr = windows
Command-Shift-3 = mac

Tubular
2007-07-31, 11:03 AM
5.0.8 is the mainline client, right? Dimeadozen has banned it because it is too buggy. Azureus (more features) or Bittornado 3.18 (more simple interface) are great clients, much better than the newer mainline.

www.bittornado.com