PDA

View Full Version : Edirol R-09 mic advice

zoso-shane69
2007-07-13, 09:58 PM
So I think I've fuc*ed up again. Finally setteled on the R-09 and planned on using my still in the package Core Sounds clip on mics with battery box. After sweating into the booklet for hours am I correct in that these mics are NOT compatible with the R-09? Very sorry with my rash of annoying questions lately but I got a back to back with Rush here next Friday and plan on taping.

If these mics don't work can I have some suggestions? I need to get 'em real quick! Thanks again everyone! :wave:

Five
2007-07-14, 10:02 PM
they totally should work... plug them in and give them a test!

zoso-shane69
2007-07-15, 12:22 AM
:clap: Yep, me and my knee jerk stress reaction! I simply needed to turn up the level in the Edirol when I had da mics hooked up and there I go. Thanks a ton for you guys putting up with my stupid questions. Hopefully I'll have some Rush to share with you all next weekend.

stantheman1976
2007-07-15, 12:57 PM
With just the battery box you'll have to push the gain up a bit. The battery box does not amplify the signal coming into the mics. It just gives power to the mics to make them work. In a loud enviornment like a Rush show that setup is just right though. You'll be able to handle some high levels without overloading the mics. If you plan to record anything acoustic you probably should check into a preamp. Soundprofessionals makes a great preamp.