PDA

View Full Version : HD Question

s1ndy_Beale
2007-07-06, 10:39 AM
Hi music lovers,

Long time user, first time uploader. I have a full on 1920x1080 40mbps stream of Kasabian @ Glastonbury from this year. No mystery to it, I snagged it from usenet. I'd like to share it with the group but are there any rules on HD. When i go to the uploads page the only choices are for dvd5/9. Also the rules seem geared very much to DVD

So basically, is HD acceptable? And, I only have the nfo from the download for linage, will this matter?

Well thats it really. Thought I had better ask before i make a fool of myself :-)

Pease puddin'

S1n

saltman
2007-07-06, 10:41 AM
The idea here is that all videos are prepared for DVD. A raw transport stream wouldn't be acceptable here. If you were to author it onto a DVD, it would be acceptable.

Audioarchivist
2007-07-06, 11:20 AM
How much longer before we get a Blu-Ray / HD DVD option then?

I guess when the Blu-Ray / HD DVD fight is won by one or the other...

s1ndy_Beale
2007-07-06, 12:24 PM
OK fair enough. I am not prepared to downgrade this recording. To me thats the same as downsampling to mp3. I was under the impression that preserving quality was of upmost importance to the scene. :hmm:

thats cool, thanks for taking to time to answer

pease puddin'

S1n

saltman
2007-07-06, 12:50 PM
OK fair enough. I am not prepared to downgrade this recording. To me thats the same as downsampling to mp3. I was under the impression that preserving quality was of upmost importance to the scene. :hmm:

thats cool, thanks for taking to time to answer

pease puddin'

S1nQuality is the utmost importance here. If we were to allow it here it would have to be in a burnable format which would most likely be BluRays. The technology has not caught up with Blu-Rays yet in terms of distribution. The files will be 25(single layer)-50 GB(dual) per disc. I agree it's the way to go.... Just not ready for primetime yet. I do know some people that are already making BluRay backups.... so when internet service catches up, they will be here.

s1ndy_Beale
2007-07-06, 01:02 PM
:-) I understand. I guess i am just getting used to streaming stuff straight to the 360. For me the need for physical media is becoming less important. Except for archive purposes.

Unfortunatly I wouldnt have a clue trying to master to blu-ray/HDD i.e what the bitrate constraints would be etc and with no means to test it I cant see a practical way around this. Well for a few years to come anyways.

Thanks again

S1n