PDA

View Full Version : Downloading torrents to an enternal hard drive???

vikingjim
2005-02-23, 10:44 AM
Hello all!!
My computer's hard drive is just about full and rather than make room by deleting things I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of downloading torrents to an external hard drive.
Will I have to locate bittorrnado,which is what I currently use,onto the new hard drive?? :hmm:

I'm just not sure what my next step is... Please advise
Thank You.

irishcrazy2005
2005-02-23, 11:18 AM
This shouldn't be an issue at all. You just need to change your BitTornado settings so that the default save path is on the external drive. Hopefully you are on USB 2.0 as well, otherwise the transfer may be sluggish and screw things up (however I really think that even USB 1.1 would be okay, unless you are downloading at some pretty fast speeds).

-Phil

feralicious
2005-02-23, 12:56 PM
I do it all the time. Firewire and USB 2.0 and it's fine. As irishcrazy said, just change where you save the show to, but keep your app installed where it is.

Welcome to my hell of spilling onto another drive... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another...

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!!! :eek:

Spelunker
2005-02-23, 03:46 PM
Hello all!!
My computer's hard drive is just about full and rather than make room by deleting things
That's what i call natural selection. When my HD gets full I delete the shows that I'm not sure about. What I end up burning is the shows I'll want to listen to more than one time. It's the only way i can keep myself in check and have a great collection of music at the same time.