PDA

View Full Version : OSX Burning help

Nobes
2005-02-22, 05:46 PM
I apologize if this is an oft-repeated question. I am new here. JUst got the Phish montage vid which plays well (a little out of sync) on my Mac's DVD Player. My question is, how do I burn this onto a DVD? Using iDVD? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience.

AAR.oner
2005-02-22, 06:30 PM
iDVD should work fine i believe [i've never used it though]...chech iDVD's help files for more info re: burning DVDs

my preference for burning both DVDs and CDs on OSX is Toast [Roxio], but you have to purchase it [$79.99 from Roxio right now]...well worth it in my opinion, no glitches yet

hope that helps...cheers

ffooky
2005-02-22, 06:35 PM
Assuming you have Toast 6.0.7 or later you can go Video tab->(click the little bluish circle that makes the options drawer on the left come out)DVD Video from VIDEO_TS and drag the VIDEO_TS folder from your download into the main Toast window. If you have an earlier release of Toast or would like to use up spare space on the disc to archive other data you need to go Data tab (click the little blue circle etc.) DVD-ROM (UDF), New Disc and then drag your VIDEO_TS folder in. For best compatibility with older DVD players, hit New folder and create an empty one named AUDIO_TS. Any unused space can be filled with any data folders or files but make sure they are not in the VIDEO or AUDIO_TS folders by mistake.

Nobes
2005-02-22, 06:35 PM
Yeah, that does help. I have Toast already but -believe it or not- never even thought of it for that. Thanks.

willndmb
2005-02-22, 06:45 PM
iDVD will NOT work
if the dvd is playing on DVD Player then its already authored and iDVD will not do anything for you
you will need Toast or DVD Studio Pro

there is a way i THINK to do it with disc utility too
check out U2Lynns web page on it

Nobes
2005-02-22, 06:50 PM
I spoke too soon. My Toast is 5.1.3
It says it doesn't recognize a DVD-ram burner.

I then tried iDVD. It's says it doesn't recognize the .BUP, .IFO etc... files.

AAR.oner
2005-02-22, 07:03 PM
iDVD will NOT work
if the dvd is playing on DVD Player then its already authored and iDVD will not do anything for you
you will need Toast or DVD Studio Pro

thanks for the correct! i've actually never even opened iDVD before, so i shouldn't of spoken so soon... :D

i think yer right re: the disk util [i vaguely remember a friend telling me how once, but Toast was easier so...poof! gone] good luck Nobes!

Drewa311
2005-02-22, 07:04 PM
disk utility, though i have never gotten it to work, people swear you can rip and burn ANY dvd with a few simple download and and disk utility

U2Lynne
2005-02-22, 07:07 PM
Burning DVD-Rs on a Mac (http://u2lynne.sandsmuseum.com/burning.html)

hippy74
2005-02-22, 07:46 PM
use roxio popcorn , it's easy to use ..

Nobes
2005-02-22, 08:37 PM
Thanks for all your help, people. Much appreciated. I think I'll upgrade the latest Toast and go from there. I tyruly appreciate U2Lynne's link. It was incredibly informative. Thanks again to you all. Peace.