PDA

View Full Version : Creating a .torrent

LeonJackson
2007-06-29, 06:49 PM
I'm trying to seed my first show, and I'm having a wicked hard time creating the .torrent file. I'm using Azuerus 2.5.0.4, and I've been following the 'how to create a torrent' FAQ here. When I point the dialogue box to the pertinent directory, it keeps on telling me that it's an invalid file. I'll try and post screen caps of each stage below. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

LeonJackson
2007-06-29, 06:55 PM
And then this happens . . .

LeonJackson
2007-06-29, 07:17 PM
OK, I think I figured it out by searching through previous queries. I found the torrent hidden in this out of the way directory, pointed to that, and it seems to be working now. I should have read Lynne's useful postings before asking my question. :wave:

jaking1185
2007-06-30, 12:35 AM
That is a good point. Always make sure the torrent is created somewhere you can remember it. I always put mine in the same folder as the uploaded files. I made the same mistake in the beginning.

U2Lynne
2007-06-30, 11:10 AM
That is a good point. Always make sure the torrent is created somewhere you can remember it. I always put mine in the same folder as the uploaded files. I made the same mistake in the beginning.
That's what I do. I have a folder named "Torrenting Now" that I put all shows I am going to upload to the site. Then I save the torrent I make in there. When I download the torrent from the thread, I save it in my "Torrents" folder like I do all my torrents. That way I still have both of them and know exactly where they are.