PDA

View Full Version : Question about a torrent I would like to post...

superhokie
2007-06-26, 08:36 PM
I have a great 1994 Rush soundboard show that I downloaded from another tracker. The quality is choice, one of the best Rush soundboards I've ever heard. I'd like to share it here, however there was no lineage provided with the download. I read the rules regarding posting lineage so I want to check before posting it. There is a Nero WavEditor screenshot here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7...nightatspec.jpg

that was taken from one of the tracks on Disc 1.

Is it okay to upload this torrent here or no? I'd rather check first before posting it in case it would get pulled later on.

THanks.

U2Lynne
2007-06-26, 09:15 PM
If it isn't from a Silver CD and if it is an older show (which this is), then it shouldn't be a problem. Basically you would write the lineage as : soundboard > unknown recording equipment and transfer > flac . If this is sourced from a Silver CD though, then we want an EAC extraction of the CD and since you wouldn't know if that was done, then it wouldn't be allowed. If it is in SHN or ape, then you should make sure to make shntool md5s to go with the torrent.

superhokie
2007-06-26, 09:34 PM
If it isn't from a Silver CD and if it is an older show (which this is), then it shouldn't be a problem. Basically you would write the lineage as : soundboard > unknown recording equipment and transfer > flac . If this is sourced from a Silver CD though, then we want an EAC extraction of the CD and since you wouldn't know if that was done, then it wouldn't be allowed. If it is in SHN or ape, then you should make sure to make shntool md5s to go with the torrent.

Thanks for the response. I don't have the the CD so I will list the lineage as you suggested (soundboard > unknown recording equipment and transfer > flac)

I'll up it tomorrow evening, most likely. thanks again!