PDA

View Full Version : Slow Upload with Azureus

Si6776
2007-06-26, 03:02 PM
Hi Folks,

I have been using Azureus for some time, but recently my upload speeds are pathetic, and it's really hitting my share ratios, here and elsewhere. I have tried everything to get the upload speeds better, but nothing seems to work. Azureus is enabled in my Firewall and has permission through my router. NAT is OK, and port forwarding is fine. I have reset it time and time again, but now I've run out of things to try, so if anyone can help, it would be appreciated. By the way, I have tried uTorrent, and it's not much better, if at all. I am currently downloading at 277.5kB/s, but only uploading at 4.8kB/s, so it's going to take me a week to share this one back!

Thanks in advance,

Simon.

U2Lynne
2007-06-26, 04:50 PM
The show you are on:
Rush 2007-06-23 Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge - Bristow, VA (16-bit) (FLAC)
101/7/342

There are soooo many seeders for just you 7 leechers that I can understand that they don't need much of your upload rate. Try uploading on a show where there are more leechers than seeders and I'm sure your rate will go up.

Si6776
2007-06-27, 03:25 AM
I was also having a problem last night, where the download rate was zooming along, then suddenly dropped to something less than 30kB/s. It was at that point that I gave up, thinking it was something to do with my ISP, but I am using encryption. I'll follow your advice, and try to find something to upload. :)

U2Lynne
2007-06-27, 09:45 AM
I was also having a problem last night, where the download rate was zooming along, then suddenly dropped to something less than 30kB/s.
This happens all the time if you hop on a torrent where everyone else has more of the show than you do. You'll zoom along real fast until you finally have as much of the show as the other leechers. Then you slow down and your speed is the same as the others who are all waiting to get it from the few seeders (or single seeder).

Si6776
2007-06-30, 05:50 AM
You know, I've been using torrents for about 3 years, and this is the first time I've actually understood what the "problems" are, and what causes them. Before, I always used to blame my torrent client, but now I am much better informed.

Thank you very much indeed. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: